AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i was wonder for ABC channel, is there ABC-dt, abc-sd, but is there abc-hd? i can only scan for sd and DT . thanx in advance for ur reply
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
670 Posts
ABC-DT should have HD content
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mefromfl
hi i was wonder for ABC channel, is there ABC-dt, abc-sd, but is there abc-hd? i can only scan for sd and DT . thanx in advance for ur reply
There isn't an ABC-HD channel, or any network -HD channel. They should all be ***-DT. DT channels, usually #-1, carries digital programming. HD is a form of digital.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mefromfl
so Football tonight will be on ABC-DT?
It will be on FOX
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,996 Posts
Be sure and check your for your city on the local information section for more information on what's available in your area.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx6bfast
There isn't an ABC-HD channel, or any network -HD channel. They should all be ***-DT. DT channels, usually #-1, carries digital programming. HD is a form of digital.


how come my nbc-hd looks better then my nbc-DT?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mefromfl
how come my nbc-hd looks better then my nbc-DT?
Can you tell us where u live at ?

Then we can start from there. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mefromfl
how come my nbc-hd looks better then my nbc-DT?
High definition programs are broadcast on the NBC-DT channel. NBC-HD and NBC-DT are one in the same. You will notice that not all programs shown on the NBC-DT channel are in HD. The easiest way to tell is if they are widescreen.


Here's a quick rundown of my NBC-DT channel tonight:

6:00: local news

6:30: Wheel of Fortune

7:00: Joey (HD)

7:30: Will & Grace (possibly HD,depends on episode)

8:00: Scrubs

8:30: Scrubs

9:00: ER (HD)


Do you have cable or are you viewing OTA?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i'm viewing over the air, i was watching the Bucs game in HD last week on NBC, notice that the -hd the screen was full wide screen but the DT was like a square box
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,996 Posts
The -DT channel that you're referring to was probably an SD simulcast on a -2 channel. Here the local ABC affiliate does that which I think is waste of bandwidth.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mefromfl
i'm viewing over the air, i was watching the Bucs game in HD last week on NBC, notice that the -hd the screen was full wide screen but the DT was like a square box
Then your local NBC is where the confusion is coming from. I would go to the local forum and look up your city and you will get better responses to you local questions there.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top