AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, this is fantastic! The preshow for the Thunder over Louisville is in HD on WLKY/ABC here in Louisville, KY. It is ABC, but it is a 1080i station. Thunder Over Louisville is a kick-off for the Kentucky Derby Festival that has the largest syncronized fireworks display in the nation, before the fireworks is a pretty grand Air Show, but it's being downscaled this year because of the war.

The previous year clips are 4x3 streched,SD cameras are a mix between 16:9 and 4:3. What is more surprising is the graphics are 16x9 and HD. My reciever is picking up DD 5.1, but I'm not sure if they're actually mixing into 5.1.

Highlights from the production are being broadcast on the Armed Forces Network.

Does anyone else get local productions in HD? This is fantastic... Goodness, if this is the future of television... I don't think I'll ever need to go outside.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Having been to Louisville twice over the past 5 years for "Thunder", wish I could see this year's extravaganza. You really have to see (and feel) the display to believe it. You guys do it up right down there.

Maybe HDNet will pick this up and rebroadcast for the rest of the nation--or better yet carry it live some year.

·
Registered
467 Posts
yea i tried to lock a signal for louisville best i could get was 30 on the signal meter guess its time for me to get off my lazy A** and get my OTA antenna up on the roof instead of the attic. just waiting on a good deal for a rotor for the roof! hopefully that should be last piece of hardware. weird though i can get cbs from louisville and lexington crystal clear but abc in lex and louisville is very weak!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.