AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I hope this is close to the right fourm to post it in but I would really like to hear some of the speakers that have been talked about here. Does anyone that lives near LA (burbank) know of some stores that I could demo some units?

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Got to the website of the speakers you are interested in and use the dealer locator function to find out were in the LA area they are.

·
Registered
15,020 Posts
kornbiz,

If you are interested in listening to Ascend Acoustics, you are welcome to my place in Manhattan Beach.

For Axioms and Rockets, I can direct you to some people as well in the LA area.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Kornbiz247
I would really like to hear some of the speakers that have been talked about here.
what speakers do you have in mind?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im interested in some moderate $900 or under 5.1 or 6.1 setups. Speakers would have to be mountable so I was looking at the rocket lineup (ELT) or ascend acoustics have been getting some decent reviews. At this point im open to suggestions. :)

·
Registered
15,020 Posts
kornbiz,

I have a pair of ELTs on trial....but not the full setup. Maybe Mad Dog will be getting the full set? And I own a full set of Ascends. You are more than welcome to visit for a listen. Just send me a PM.

I also suggest heading to GoodGuys and giving the Monitor Audio Bronze B2 a listen.

·
Registered
15,020 Posts
I am using the CMT-340 l/r for the mains, CMT-340c for the center, and CBM-170 for the surrounds.

And a VTF-3 sub.

I can easily take down the CBM-170s for a listen.

I was in Glendale, Burbank, and Los Feliz all day Saturday. Would have gladly dropped off my CBM-170's for you to audition....a little harder for me to part with the CMT-340's, although I could probably be talked into it. :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cschang: thanks for the offer, but I found a good shop not to far from me and they should be carry what im looking at. thanks for the help guys and ill let you know what I end up with :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.