AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is my situation, currently I am using a PS3 in my living room to stream media from my Synology NAS (model DS212+). I also have a WDTV Live that we use in the Master BD. The setup work okay, but we are looking to add a second TV that will be for media streaming only for our kids to be able to watch their movies that are on the NAS without taking over the TV in the living room. 95% of my media is .mp4/.m4v that is encoded using HandBrake High Profile preset (H.264 profile [email protected]).

I am looking to upgrade our media player devices, but it seems that most of the popular streaming devices (aTV3, Roku3 etc) have trouble handling the high profile mainly because the bitrate exceeds 25Mbs during peaks.

I wouldn't be against replacing all of my streaming devices on the TVs if I could find a good option that doesn't break the bank. I was hoping I could use the aTV3 with the price drop, but it is limited to [email protected] and a max bitrate of 25Mbs. The ability to either play directly from the NAS through DLNA or using the DS Video App would be best.

Thanks for all of your help guys.

·
Registered
693 Posts
The Roku 4 should be out soon. Given the fact that it will support 4k, I imagine it would have to support your requirements.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts