AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know when we will see away games for our local Philadelphia teams in HD? I would have thought we would have started to see this happen.

Does anyone know of plans to do this? or have any other stations done this?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I have been wondering about this as well, especially when Comcast SportsNet is involved. When a Chicago team is facing a Philadelphia team and the game is on CSN in both cities, why can't / won't they broadcast the HD signal to the city of the away team?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJSimpson
Does anyone know of plans to do this? or have any other stations done this?
NESN, look at that thread... every single red sox game in HD

i wanna see my team's away games in hd too.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I heard a rumor the other night from a knowledgeable source at CSN Chicago that they are planning to do some HD Cubs road games from Philly and D.C. They will use the same truck as the home broadcaster, maybe with another camera to give them a bit of flexibility, and add the Chicago announcer audio to to the signal sent back to Chicago. This is known in the industry as "taking a split" from the home broadcaster. I don't know how finalized the plans are, or if it means that when Philly visits the Cubs they'll do the same thing, but I do know that this is being seriously considered, and may have already been decided.

Fran

·
Registered
978 Posts
Id be happy with the Hurricanes home games in HD...here in Raleigh we only get away games in HD when the opponents RSN does their home games in HD and FSN South can "piggyback" on their HD equipment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.