AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new HDTV with DirecTV. I had an OTA antenna installer at my house that used a signal meter to measure the Portland HD stations. Because I being blocked by Mt. Park in LO, they couldn't get a strong enough signal for any of the HD stations. The installer said the Portland stations are transmitting a fairly weak signal at this time. Does this sound right or is it BS?

Also, if I can't get the local stations OTA, does anyone have any ideas on when DirecTV will do local stations in HD or when Comcast will do the local stations in HD?

What I really want to get is the NFL in HD. I understand that Monday Night Football will be in HD this fall. Any ideas?

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
The installer might be right. If the signals are low power you might not get them if there is a Mountain in the way.

DirectTV will not offer Local HD channels. Same with Dish. So forget Satellite.

Comcast has begun to carry HDTV in various regions, so they will likely be your best bet.

If your HDTV has a built in ATSC tuner, you can always try an antenna.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Quote:
does anyone have any ideas on when DirecTV will do local stations in HD
The earliest will be YEARS from now.

Quote:
I understand that Monday Night Football will be in HD this fall.
Yes and CBS will have a game per week in HD. Hopefully ESPN HD will have an HD game also. Fox should be doing the enhanced widescreen games also.

-Robert

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.