AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our local WB affiliate carries 14 ESPN+ broadcasts of the UCONN men's basketball team. I noticed in the first few that their station logo covers the 35 second shot clock and makes it impossible to see. I explained that our local PBS carries UCONN women's basketball and their logo is nearly invisible and is in the upper right hand corner, out of the way.

This is the WTXX reply.

Quote:
The logo has to be on the screen. It's shocking how many people have a poor idea of what station they are watching. Since the only way we bring in money is by convincing advertisers that people are watching us, people knowing they are watching WB 20 is directly related to our ability to pay for the games.
What about PBS who is 100% dependent on viewer donations to support programming? They seem to do fine with a translucent out of the way logo.

Quote:
We tried the top of the screen, the logo occasionally overlapped the basket. The Master Control people do their best to drop the logo whenever there is program material, like the shot clock in the same part of the screen.
Their had to be 10 instances of either shot clock violations and shots going off at the buzzer and I didn't see the shot clock once. :mad:

It's a shame, but this mentality seems to be the norm (TNN, Fox News, PBS Kids,) rather than the exception (NGC).

Ralph

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.