AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I built my home we prewired each bedroom for speakers and control system. The custom installer also installed plastic back boxes and left spare wire so I have flexibility to install in ceiling speakers.

I did take pictures of reach room.

I want to install in ceiling speakers. I have this picture of the room that where I need to install the speakers

You see a black receptacle for light.

You also see white plastic boxes where the speakers need to be installed.

Based on this picture can you tell me how far the speaker is?

The left speaker is 2 joists away from the light location. I have read that distance between joists is 24 or 16 inches.

I tried looking into the attic. I saw a lot of insulation and I was not sure I need to climb into the attic to pin point the exact location of the speakers.

Let me know if you have any suggestions that can help in finding where I should cut holes in the drywall to install speakers.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
You should be able to use a stud finder to count off the studs, and follow the picture as a diagram - on one of those plastic boxes, you have the studs in both directions to follow so that should help. Start with a small pilot hole, and then use an unfolded wire coat hanger to poke in through the hole to see if you can "feel" the plastic box - or a slightly bigger hole and a flashlight.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.