AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have spent the last 2 hours searching here and everywhere else, and can't seem to find a solution to my problem. I recently ditched my cable company's dvr to save a few bucks, and an using Media Center for windows 7 64 bit. I have two tuners, one for sd cable, and one for hd qam. Computer is connected to an hdtv, running at 1920x1080. What I want is for all the HD channels off the HD tuner to be in Zoom 1 (no stretching) so obviously it will display the full 16x9 broadcast. And I want all channels from the SD tuner to be in Zoom 3, stretched wide to fill the screen. Yes, I know this stretches the broadcast, but this is what I am used to for sd content on my hdtv. I have read that media center in windows 7 has this bug, where there is no way to set a different zoom for hd and sd content. So whenever I watch an HD channel, and set the zoom to no stretching, when I switch back to an SD channel, it carries that same zoom, and I have to use the mouse, right click, and switch back to zoom 3, which then also sticks if I switch back to the HD channel.

Is there any hack or workaround for this? Again, I have spent some time this morning trying to read up on the problem, and I still can't believe there isnt a fix for this.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I don't know how to do what you want, but I know you can switch the zoom without the mouse. Click info, then scroll over to the right and you'll find the zoom options there. If you have the right remote, you might be able to create a macro to do this with one click.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I know that. The problem is, media center will not remember that HD channels need to be on Zoom 1 (no stretching) and sd channels need to be on zoom 3. So everytime I switch from an hd to sd channel, i have to get my mouse and switch it back

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
I don't have a problem with watching SD in 4:3 OAR, but there is one kids channel that is screwed up most of the time. The local PBS Kids is in SD, but it seems that in Zoom1 it is scaled so that the 16:9 image with black bars is compressed into a 4:3 image where everything looks thin. Using Zoom3 (or 4, can't remember) will stretch it out correctly so that it is 4:3 with black bars filling it to 16:9.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by sievers
I understand. I'm just saying you don't need the mouse, and could potentially get it down to one remote click, as a workaround. Or maybe you aren't using a remote?
Yea, not using a remote. I do have an older one, but it doesnt have any way to program a macro like that. I may just have to invest in a new one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.