AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This topic is a bit of a difficult one to get out in a subject line so heres more of an elaborate description of what I'd like to know.

I'm planning on buying a 38inch Loewes set when it becomes available. Right now I have a nice VC8100 Marantz 300 disc DVD changer. Obviously it outputs 480i through component connections. My main question is, should I buy a line doubler such as the iscan pro V3, connect the component cables to that and then output it through the VGA and into the TV through the VGA line which as it states is the only way to input 480p into the Loewes set?

I also know that the loewes set HAS a nice internal line doubler with 3:2 pulldown, but will it still look better if I go through the VGA connector or buy an external line doubler? Should I just let the internal TV line doubler handle the job and just plug the DVD player in through the analog component inputs on the TV? Does the TV do any line doubling at all if you plug the signal in through the VGA 480p connector or does it just pass it through because it already thinks its at its max quality?

Well thats alot of questions so I guess I'll just let you guys have at it. Thanks alot for your help,

Matt

P.S. as usual the people at places like Harveys, and other stores have differences in opinions so maybe you guys can help better. Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.