441 - 451 of 451 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
I’ve been silent on my Sim2 Projector knowing Nigel was about to publish his review. Its a great review that for the first time that I’ve seen really measures on screen contrast at the levels that real content is displayed. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/86-ultra-hi-end-ht-gear-20-000/3064402-sim2-hdr-duo-plus-review-discussions.html

Brad
Fantastic result! Out of curiosity, what projectors did you consider for your theater?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Brad
Fantastic result! Out of curiosity, what projectors did you consider for your theater?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
My 2nd choice was a modified Barco Prometheus (10,000:1 on/off). I looked at a 6P laser but the chiller was too big. I also evaluated the Sony 5000, and the JVC but don't like the color balance of blue laser or the lack of ANSI on LCOS projectors. If you read Nigels review you can see why I went with the Sim2.

·
ABSOLUTE ULTIMATE AV
5,028 Posts
@Alan Gouger and I are organizing a get together at Brad's / Lasalle's on Sunday 1st March and are pleased to invite any of you A/V enthusiasts who would like to come and check out the delights of his amazing home theater, located in Sarasota Florida.

Further to checking out the incredible video performance of the SIM2 HDR DUO PLUS dual projector array, Brad / Lasalle has recently upgraded his system with respect to adding DTS-X PRO to the audio system and will be demoing this for those who are interested.

There are a limited number of spaces so please either shoot me a PM or post your interest here in this thread with respect to attending. Two seats already taken! :)

:wink:

·
Registered
26,786 Posts
Drats! I’d like to come down for that. I know it will be a good time!

441 - 451 of 451 Posts