AVS Forum banner

Logical Increments. Logical Increments. Logical Increments. Logical Increments.

1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Mfusick 
I don't see a way to select different vendors to get the best price per component, or configure if a particular vendor (e.g. amazon, newegg) charges you sales tax, account for shipping costs, etc.

Pcpartpicker even lets you select a local microcenter, can make a huge difference in pricing. (though it doesn't always pick up the bundle discounts depending how they are advertised)

Its a nice recommendation guide to get a feel for what is in your price range, but can't see using it to actually execute a purchase.

If you know what you want, PCPP gives you one page with final prices and links to everything, all you have to do is whip out your credit card and log into the various vendors. (its a dangerous gateway drug lol)

Its also a nice way to fire off a "here buy this stuff" link to someone that wants you to configure a PC for them.

example barebones that is similar to mine, though its missing about $50 of discounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StardogChampion  /t/1521123/logical-increments-logic...rements-logical-increments/0_50#post_24446850

The issue I've had with PCPartsPicker is they only cater to the big guys. If you want to use a small shop there seems to be no way to get that included without posting to the forum and getting it voted in and if your thread is ignored oh well.

I agree, definitely a downside and they are missing some vendors with good prices I use quite a bit, directron for example. I've yet to find a better DIY computer build tool though.

Some people only want to buy from 1 vendor at a time, its weird but I run into folks that just want to do 1 big amazon or newegg order and don't care if I can save them another couple dozen bucks going elsewhere. If they had a big gift card or store credit it would make sense, but so far its just been because they are "used to it" or similar irrational answers.

Granted these are the same kind of people that took forever to start shopping online in the first place.

Reactions: Dark_Slayer
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.