AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello I made this account so I can ask about this issue from people who actually know what they are talking about. I don't know very much about this stuff but I know enough be able to get to the bottom of this I'm hoping. I just got new speakers. They are the Logitech Z623 2.1 pc speakers. If this is in the wrong category I will move, just let me know which category would be best please.

Plugged into my PC or cell phone:
The satellites hiss. The hissing gets louder when I turn the volume up and quieter when I turn it down. The sub-woofer makes a slight hum that is only audible with my ear almost against it. The sub-woofer hum also gets louder when I turn the volume knob up. Same thing with the bass knob for the sub-woofer only. Also when I am actually turning the bass knob I can hear an airy sound in the sub-woofer almost like someone lightly blowing in my ear.

Not plugged into anything:
They will hiss and hum louder than if they were plugged into something, be it my cell phone or PC, it's the same either way. The hissing will still get louder when I turn the volume up, but the humming will get quieter, it sounds like the hissing is overpowering the humming when i turn the volume knob up like that.

The speakers I had before these ones did the exact same thing with the sub-woofer hum and satellite hiss.

From what I've read, if it was a ground loop issue, the volume of the hissing would stay the same regardless of the volume knob, is this correct? If so then what could be causing this? Just bad speakers? Also it has a 2 prong power connector. I tried in 3 different outlets and with a surge protecter.

Iv'e already ordered a replacement but I would like to have some knowledgable opinions on the matter anyway just in case the replacement does the same exact thing, which I'm unfortunately expecting to happen since my last speakers did this too, and the ones before that in 2 different houses even. I hope to be very pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A reply went to my email but is not showing up here. I'll just answer it anyways.

Yes I'm saying that I get the hissing when I am connected to a source regardless of the source. It's louder when not connected though.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I have had a set of the Z623 since September 2013. Mine have been connected to a ViewSonic and now an Epson projector via a 50 foot cable. I keep the volume at about 60 to 65% and control the volume with the projector. I get no hum or hiss out of mine and I have "drove" them pretty hard during movies. I can't speak to how they work with a phone or computer. I did hook it up to the kindle tablet just now with no issues.

Hopefully the next set will be better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to know they exist without hissing somewhere at least. I'm a bit more hopeful for the next set now thanks. I welcome any other insights no matter how small!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I really like the speakers for the sound/bass. It took about $800 to match them (AVR, towers, rears and two subs). They are so good I still keep them hooked up to my main projector (on the floor by the tower). I just can't bring myself to move them.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts