Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I am new to this forum. I came here to get some help. I was watching TechTV and they said you guys on here are "masters" for speakers so I am gonna put you all to the test.

I own Logitech Z680's for my computer. I recently got them for Christmas, so they are about a month old. Now my question is, when they are on, sitting idle, low volume, they have a soft humming/buzzing noise. It can be heard when playing music quietly but you turn it up abit and it becomes drowned out. You can still hear the buzz if the speakers are on mute.

Things I have tried and to note:

I live in an older house so the plugs we have may not have a ground. Though, I plugged my speakers into a newer outlet and the noise was still there. My speakers are not connected to circuit with big appliances. My subwoofer is on the floor next to my computer case by my feet. I haven't listened to them loud, not even "half way". I think that is about all I can say for now, ask me for more information.

PS: I don't know alot about speakers and you may have noticed that in my terminology.

Please help and thank you all ahead of time,

Mitch

·
Registered
115 Posts
I own the same speakers, and I dont hear the buzz, although numerous reviews have noted a hum coming from the center channel. From what I read it is normal with these speakers

·
Registered
60 Posts
The old Z680 has a problem with the control pod. Perhaps the one that you got was in the store for a while already hence the old version. Then new ones that they have been shipping fixed that problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.