AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the deal with so many HD stations feeling compelled to give us yet another logo on the screen? Don't these stations 'get it'??? HDTV people care most about picture quality. Instead of realizing this we end up with stations like WCAU with the NCB logo in the lower right, which never goes away, and the WCAU-DT logo in the lower left that never goes away.

Is this trend likely to continue? It's really getting out of hand. How long before we have bugs in every corner???

UPDATE: I just spoke with an engineer at WCAU who tried to suggest that both bugs are now required by the FCC for all HDTV transmissions. Sounded like a cop-out to me. Why would the FCC require any logo let alone two of them?

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Agrajag
UPDATE: I just spoke with an engineer at WCAU who tried to suggest that both bugs are now required by the FCC for all HDTV transmissions. Sounded like a cop-out to me. Why would the FCC require any logo let alone two of them?
Out of curiousity, did the engineer from WCAU mention if they were indeed relocated to their new tower? :confused:

·
Registered
17,679 Posts
What he might have meant is that if on their top-of-the-hour ID it doesn't say "WCAU-TV/DT" it might be mandatory. Our WSET-DT signed on recently, and since all of their promo/IDs haven't been updated, they have a nasty, non-transparent bug in the bottom right that doesn't go away that says:

ABC13

WSET-DT

Lynchburg, VA

All in the one bug. I'm told by the chief engineer that it's only there because otherwise they have no top-of-the-hour ID, which is mandated by the FCC.

- Trip

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.