AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd share a picture of a logo wall sign I made up. I am still working on making separate 8x10" signs for Dolby Digital EX, DTS-ES, DLP, and THX. I have not been able to find a really large, hi-res logo for HDTV, but I was able to find one that printed out very sharp at a smaller size.

While I was in Target looking for frames, I came across a picture frame that held five 4x6" prints for only about $10-15, so I bought it and used my photo printer to make slightly modified versions of logos I found by searching threads on this forum. In the middle (since I only had four logos) I put the picture of the HDTV logo that I found. Anyway, the end result was pretty good, but I haven't decided if I'll put it in the theater, or near the entrance to the theater. The external frame measures about 10x29"

Thanks again for everyone's help here. AVS Forum has been good to me for years.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Very nice!!

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
WOW, very nice....I am particularly fond of the size....I love insert posters (14x36). I think they have more of a dramatic look. Job well done!

Ron

·
Registered
71 Posts
bartman_451

I found a fairly hi-res HDTV logo here:
http://www.rca.com/content/viewdetai...700323,00.html

Look under logos.

If anyone is looking, you can find a number of eps format logos for lots of ht related companies or technologies. Go here:

http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/sear...brand_id=39202

You can find DTS, Dolby, THX, DLP, etc.

I've gathered a number of these logos and converted them to a 3d format. Here's a posed shot of most of them in a 3d perspective render. Someday I hope to use some of them for pictures or an animation.

Tom

·
Registered
161 Posts
cool......

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Harness
bartman_451

I found a fairly hi-res HDTV logo here:
http://www.rca.com/content/viewdetai...700323,00.html

Look under logos.

If anyone is looking, you can find a number of eps format logos for lots of ht related companies or technologies. Go here:

http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/sear...brand_id=39202

You can find DTS, Dolby, THX, DLP, etc.

I've gathered a number of these logos and converted them to a 3d format. Here's a posed shot of most of them in a 3d perspective render. Someday I hope to use some of them for pictures or an animation.

Tom

Thanks, Tom. The logo on the RCA website was what I ended up using. I printed it out at its native size and it worked well for the 4x6" print, though I think if I tried to stretch it for use as an 8X10" sign it would come out fuzzy (at least with the primitive software I have, anyway).

The 3-D logos you've done are incredible. I would be really cool to do an intro/prelude DVD with them in motion for the start of movies, especially with an accompanying 5.1 soundtrack. :D I've always wished there would be better short animation segments (like the THX ones) using the logos.

P.S. I ended up putting the logo sign right next to the equipment closet on the narrow section of wall between the closet and the door (where I had it leaned when I took the picture). It looks really sharp, if I do say so myself.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Hummm.... Carona, a new HT enhancement?

Used to reduce screen door or rainbow perhaps? :D :D :D

·
Registered
475 Posts
As long as you download the Hi-Res version of the HDTV logo on RCA's site, you should be fine as it is 300dpi. You can scale it to twice it's size before you may start to see pixelization when printed on an inkjet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Harness
bartman_451

Tom
Fantastic Tom !!

Cue lights, cue 5.1 (or 7.1) rising music, enter stage-left 3D animated logos !!

Austen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.