AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you noticed that many TV channels have 'softened' their logo's that appear almost continually on the bottom of the screen: yet some, like TRIO, have not: that large red ball will almost certainly cause burn-in after long periods

TRIO should fix their logo!

there are others: please post them here: somehow we have to get the message out that these logo's could cause burn-in and should be fixed

·
Premium Member
3,003 Posts
I haven't seen any burn-in yet from it (and I always have the wobbler on and/or bump the picture position down when I watch this channel) but Trio has one of the worst logos and it's also pretty distracting. If they could change it from this (note: this is not an actual screencap, just a representation)

http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/cherry_eu/trio1.jpg

to something like this:

http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/cherry_eu/trio2.jpg

It'd be a lot better. The best thing would be to take out the color entirely (like CBS) but they are probably pretty attached to the red ball.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discovery Channel is one of the worst.

VB

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
We should create a Plasma Hater AWARD for the worst logo: it might just catch the attention of the channel execs when the press gets wind of it and they become the laughing stock of the industry - and the scorn of advertisers who target high income Plasma owners. :D
http://www.angelfire.lycos.com/image...ate/awards.gif

·
Registered
950 Posts
Brett, so where do we sign up for this award program?!!

VB

·
Registered
950 Posts
Oh, Oh, History channel..another great offender!

VB

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Well, I now have yet another reason to delete Trio from my Tivo's Channels You Recieve list...

No great loss...

Neither Noggin, never noticed it.

·
Premium Member
3,003 Posts
Trio runs the 80's Late Night with Dave Letterman (NBC years) every day and other cool stuff.

I watch Noggin when I need a "Daria" fix (though Noggins maddeningly catchy "Avatars, avatars, just like you, just like YOU!" song gets stuck in my head whenever I do that).

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Hmmm.... good programming, but not worth it.

You could totally pass for a Daria character, Deeann... And I say that with affection.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
The news and sports channels that run a bottom scroller of some nature often have a rather solid and often bright logo in there that never changes. ESPN at least dithers the scroller a bit, but then you have the pretty bright red ESPN logo on the right.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discovery :( History :( -sigh- good stations are on the don't ever watch this for fear of burn-in list?!?!

-cries a river-

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Those Discovery and History logos are not as bad as the Trio one. But they could stand to be translucent.

·
Registered
35 Posts
How about:

USA

AMC

Spike TV

TNT

Just about every channel has one. IMO they are all bad! This is the perfect place to get the ball rolling and get them all removed. Question is...how?

·
Premium Member
3,003 Posts
Rogo, :).

I noticed VH1 Classic seems to have an array of different and exciting station bugs depending on whatever the programming is at the time. I guess it's good in *some* kind of way that they are mixing it up...

I keep meaning to email Trio but also keep forgetting (I'll try to remember over the weekend). Since I'm watching some nights for a few hours at a time (Bakersfield PD is on 'Brilliant but Cancelled' this week, then Parking Lot and Late Night) it's getting annoying having to bump the screen position down to push off the bug and makes the picture look unbalanced.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Haven't we discussed your display in another thread, tivoboy. The math seemed to be that you're on CNBC about 40% of the time. That's a lot, especially in the formative first few hundred hours (and CNBC gives you no break time on commercials during trading hours).

I do believe you'll be able to fade that out over time, but it will take a while.

Mark

·
Registered
760 Posts
Yeah, we did discuss it, I just thought it would help others to know, this being a thread for alerting people and maybe bringing attention to broadcasters.

CNBC, CNN and others could simply do a black bar, with white letters and that would probably get rid of the issues.

no?

I also did a ton if research before buying my plasma, and after. What to watch, how not to watch it. I was changing signals, and channels and never leaving it on for 1-2 hours or certianly when I walked away and still this happened so that leads me to think that other newbies, maybe those even a bit less informed might run into the problems easier or faster even.

Knowing is far better than not knowing and the FAQ didn't highlight this one enough IMHP

TB

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.