AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here but have been lurking for a few days...great board, great info!

I finally got my bonus, after months of deciding which TV I was gonna buy when I cashed the check...My choice was a Toshiba 56H80. Shopped and shopped and shopped, found the best price and initiated the purchase from (gasp) xtremeshopper.com. Yes, I know...NOW! Needless to say, they didn't have the TV in stock (told me they did), they charged my card anyway, and then tried to get me to upgrade my order to a 57H81 at an extra $150 (which they said they'd be getting in the following week...YEA RIGHT!) So four weeks later, I've finally got my money back from them, and there's not a 56H80 to be found anywhere. I've been looking at 2 other models that I can actually lay my hands on - a Pioneer SD-532-HD5 ($2395), or a Mits WS-55807 ($2499 at Sears). I'm tired of waiting...would I be making a mistake going with one of these sets as opposed to waiting for the 57H81? As a first-timer to HDTV (and big screen for that matter), would I find disappointment or joy with one of these 2000-2001 models? Does one have it over the other? Any input would be much appreciated!!!

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
Topic: Long, hard road to my first HDTV...IS THERE AN END?

Unfortunately, no.

------------------

"Better living thru modern, expensive electronics devices"

tm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.