Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have a question - I'm using an Extron 50 feet 15 pin (computer type) cable to feed my Mitsubishi X400 from the iScan pro.

When I watch a movie, I see on the top left of the screen a discoloration towards pinkish color, and on the bottom right - towards greenish color.

It is a relatively small discoloration, but it is definitely there.

When I use a completely white test screen (generated by the projector's setup screens), I do NOT see the discoloration. Mitsubishi is saying that they think that my equipment is faulty, and not their projector (I sent it already once to their maintenance depot).

Can you help me to figure out why do I get this?

My equipment - Pioneer Elite DVF-07 player connected to the iScan pro, which is connected to the projector using a 50 feet Extron cable that is certified for 200 feet...

Thanks

Roy

------------------

My system - http://www.ben-ezer.net/Home%20Theater.htm

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Try Svideo cable to see if discoloration still there. Try with and without Iscan pro. Try different VGA cable (6-footer should come with projector). Try HTPC or DVD via laptop (borrow one if you don't have one) to see if problem persists. Trial and error with different combo until you narrow down the culprit. My vote is bad VGA cabling. If the problem goes away with the cheap, included 6-foot VGA cable then the Extron needs to be replaced (under warranty I'm sure). Good luck. Keep us informed of the diagnosis.

------------------

Huey ;-]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.