AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to run 40' of HDMI from A/V rack to the LCD. Problem with a run that long? Second, it is only for the video portion of the cable reception and the video of the blu-ray. So, it will be 2 runs since the receiver is not HDMI friendly.

Also the audio will be connected to the receiver in the rack, roughly 2 meters of cable. Am I going to have a problem with A - V synch or a problem with signal loss due to the 40' run?

thanks for any and all input

Dr John

·
Registered
89 Posts
Based on personal experience, I would recommend "CAT 5 to HDMI using extenders". Google what is in quotes. The connection is good at 1080p for over 100 feet typically. I have found them to be more reliable than long run HDMI cables. They require power at one end, two CAT e cables, and two short HDMI cables at the end of the runs. Blu-ray performance at 1080p/24 is excellent. Reliability is high.

·
Registered
4,556 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjohnm /forum/post/16921688

I need to run 40' of HDMI from A/V rack to the LCD. Problem with a run that long? Second, it is only for the video portion of the cable reception and the video of the blu-ray. So, it will be 2 runs since the receiver is not HDMI friendly.

Also the audio will be connected to the receiver in the rack, roughly 2 meters of cable. Am I going to have a problem with A - V synch or a problem with signal loss due to the 40' run?

thanks for any and all input

Dr John

40' is not considered long at all today for HDMI cable! If you buy cable from someone like monoprice I know whatever one you select thats close to 40' will work perfectly for you.

I still prefer to run a good cable than powered extenders for such a short length.

All you have to do is buy from reputable sellers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts