AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should be receiving my Infocus LP340 in a few days, and I'm trying to determine where I'll be placing the unit and how to cable it up. I want to run a quality S-Video cable from my Sony DVD player to the projector, but the DVD player is currently in the front of the room.

Are long S-Video cables available? My local retailers have them only up to about 2 meters... Is this even recommended, or should I move the DVD player closer to the projector (which would mean removing it from my rack, not pretty http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/cool.gif

/Ryan

· Registered
1,377 Posts

· Registered
2,134 Posts
I used two S video/BNC adapters and two equal lengths of RG6, much less loss than any mini RG cable. Go to www.a2zcables.com the part number is VY6-1.

Brian

------------------

Current Set Up:

Pronto 2000

Sharp XV-DW100U LCD

Onkyo 575

RCA DTC 100

Zenith DVD

Inexpensive Pioneer Speakers

· Registered
2,969 Posts
Audioquest S1 cable is noted for being capable of long runs

without degradation. They separate chromanance and luminance and employ a very handy connector that makes insertion a breeze. I've seen them compare a 150' length with a one-meter cable from other brands and it actually looked better!

· Registered
531 Posts
Just an option - Radio Shack sells a 30' roll of s-video cable and they also have the plugs if you want to make your own. I did that before I moved my DVD player closer to my projector. I didn't notice any difference in quality. YMMV

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.