AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to thank Michael Mohrmann(sp?) et al for all the invaluable research, bug investigation, extensive testing and posts that proved very helpful in my year-long search for the right pre/pro for me!!! My upgrade path was from a Denon 4800 w/ the mains running off a Audio Analogue Donezetti (2channel 60W/ch).

After auditioning SEVERAL pre/pros (Rotel 1066, Classe SSP30, B&K Ref 30, Audio Refinement DSP2, Parasound model?? & Anthem AVM20 ver 2.0) I decided on the Anthem AVM20ver2.0.

My preferred mix of music v HT is 50/50, but because of work, home projects, golf, WAF etc. I am currently 20/80 :( . The main focus of my search was on not sacrificing 2 channel analogue music while still having the "latest" in HT processing and performance. The AVM20 fit this criteria better for me than any of the others I auditioned! I have been very pleased with the quality of music reprodution and my wife simply loves watching the Sopranos in the full splendor of DD5.1 on Sundays!!!!

Didn't mean to ramble on so, but I wanted to post a word of thanks to all the AVS & HT Forum posters for their opinions and insights, for and against, the different pre/pros in my price range.

Alan

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.