AVS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may have been covered before, but seems that I remember when I bought my extended warranty for my 360 it said the coverage took effect after the 90 day warranty expired (basically giving 27 months).

Since MS has extended the warranty to a year by default, does that mean our extended warranties are now good for a total of 3 years from purchase? Has that been addressed at all?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have the same question (Micro Center extended warranty). Let me know what you find out.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Here's another wrinkle maybe someone can answer.

I have (had) a launch system (build date 10-15-05) and bought the extended warranty for it. It died on me last week and is currently being repaired/replaced. Will the new (refurb) system I get be covered under my extended warranty? Or is the warranty gone once it replaces one machine. Can I even get another warranty on the replacement refurb unit?

·
Registered
50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike LS /forum/post/0

This may have been covered before, but seems that I remember when I bought my extended warranty for my 360 it said the coverage took effect after the 90 day warranty expired (basically giving 27 months).

Since MS has extended the warranty to a year by default, does that mean our extended warranties are now good for a total of 3 years from purchase? Has that been addressed at all?

I called MS about this when the warranty news came out. It took the person I spoke with about 10 minutes to understand what I was asking, but he eventually talked to a supervisor. From what I've been told, the Extended Warranty adds 2 years to the MS Warranty, so people who bought the Extended Warranty will now have a total of 3 years of coverage, not just 2 years and 90 days.

Of course, the true test will be if my 360 breaks down after 2-1/2 years.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yes, that's correct.

Your MS extended warranty begins **after** the MS warranty ends. I talked to them yesterday. So if you buy a 2 year MS extended warranty then your covered for 3 years from date of purchase. (1 yr MS warranty + 2 yrs MS extended warranty). ...Microsoft automatically extended the factory warranty from 90 days to 1 year on all purchases - past and present.

Although, if you've already bought your extended warranty - check to make sure the expiration date is correct on the ext. warranty. Mine was off by 3 months.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Although, if you've already bought your extended warranty - check to make sure the expiration date is correct on the ext. warranty. Mine was off by 3 months.

So those of use that bought the extended warranty before they extended the default warranty need to have the paperwork updated to reflect the correct expiration date?

·
Registered
488 Posts
slightly off topic, but I just purchased a 360 a couple days ago after a long hiatus from the gaming world. Prior to purchasing, I was under the impression the general MS warranty was 1 year (and appears to be from reading this thread), but when I looked at the warranty book that accompanied the 360, it only said a 3 month warranty...my question is, which warranty (90 day or 1 year) do I have and how do I prove it to MS in case of repairs?

·
Registered
829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape /forum/post/0

You used to only be able to get the MS extended warranty within the first 90 days. Do you have up to 1 year now to purchase an extended warranty?

Most manufacturers will do it. However, they usually don't like to advertise that they do. I'd like to know if MS is the same.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts

Quote:
So those of use that bought the extended warranty before they extended the default warranty need to have the paperwork updated to reflect the correct expiration date?

I just called to confirm tonite, as I received my paperwork for my extended warranty last night. I bought my extended two weeks before the official announcement came about the MS extension. "Benji" confirmed that my warranty would be "automatically appended to the end of the 1yr MS extension." No need for any other paperwork. It will be automatic.

·
Registered
36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't h8 /forum/post/0

Shape,

Now this is really off topic, but what the hell did you do to your eclipse to make it run high 11s in the 1/4? Is that all motor or are you spraying?

GSX = eclipse turbo all wheel drive. basically has a mitsubishi evo motor. very easy to turn those things into rockets.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't h8 /forum/post/0

Shape,

Now this is really off topic, but what the hell did you do to your eclipse to make it run high 11s in the 1/4? Is that all motor or are you spraying?

My Eclipse was turbocharged with all wheel drive from the factory. It was a very slow process to build it to where it is today. But really, the modifications I made to it weren't all that extreme.

I have a factory Mitsubishi turbo off of a Lancer Evolution III on my car (called an Evo III 16G). I have a smallish front mount intercooler. I welded up 2.5" pipes that are short-routed to go between the turbo and intercooler and from the intercooler to the engine. I have a 3" exhaust that I welded up. The engine is a 1991 block with 1991 rods and 1995 pistons. The head is also from a 1991 car (bigger ports, tho whether or not they help is debatable). I have HKS 264/272 cams in the head. I run Denso 660cc/min injectors. And I run DSMLink with a 1995 ECU as my engine management.

Other than that, I have small mods like a K&N air filter, 1G DSM blow off valve (modified), manual boost controller, etc... I did all the work myself, even building the engine from the ground up. I had never built an engine before this one, and it has been in my daily driver for 67,000mi now.

I usually run 20psi on the street. But when I head up to the track, I dump in some 117 octane leaded race fuel, I turn the boost up to 28psi, crank up the timing advance (required to keep peak pressures at just before top dead center with the slower burning race fuel) and launch the car at 5500RPM. If the traction holds, I'm on my way to a high 11 second pass.

Since the turbo is so small (relatively), the car is a blast on the street. It gets a great surge of torque in the mid band when you get on the throttle, even a little.

That is probably more than you wanted to know.

·
Registered
488 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape /forum/post/0

That is probably more than you wanted to know.

No actually that was a really good write-up. I didn't know much about eclipses and when I saw the 1/4 mile time, I was shocked/impressed. Didn't know they came both turbo and AWD from factory.

I have an 03 Harley F-150 that is factory supercharged (basically the same engine as the 99-04 Ford Lightning). With some bolt-ons and a re-tune, I put down @ 390/480 to the wheels and do high 13s in the 1/4, and that is on my street tune (no timing advance and pump gas). THe blower is about 12 psi, but my main concern with the stock blower is intake air temps, as I have seen people push them to the limits and create a window in their block. I'm currently in the process of changing to a more efficient blower (will happen in a couple months) and assembling a long block (winter 07). My 2 biggest problems though are weight (5400lb 4 dr truck) and traction.

Take it easy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.