AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the lens on the Hitachi 5500 can be replaced with one with a longer focal length? The picture is currently too big, and it is difficult to move the projector closer...

Alternatively, are there any 3rd party converters that would change the focal length in the same way as add-on lenses change the focal length on cameras?

The Hitachi 5500 has a 58 mm thread so maybe a proper lens could be attached in the front (BTW, I wonder what the purpose of this thread is..???).

·
Registered
332 Posts
Buhl makes a standalone lens on a platform that will do what you want, but I think it costs about $2,000 and may have some distortion.

http://buhloptical.com/whats_dlp.html

They also make replacement lenses for Hitachi. I don't know if they have plans for the 5500. It has a very long throw as is. If they do have one, expect to pay a minimum of $1,200 for it.

Chuck Davis

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckD
Buhl makes a standalone lens on a platform that will do what you want, but I think it costs about $2,000 and may have some distortion.

[Chuck Davis
Thanks ChuckD.

A bit pricey though.... I had expected something at $200-300 ( as for cameras)...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.