AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright - it looks as if my other thread is making the point I anticipated. So, to allow the rest of you who have had a bad experience with Direct TV, here is the thread to vent your frustrations. Both of the threads I have started will accompany a letter I am drafting to the office of the President at Hughes Electronics (presently still the owner of Direct TV).

Let your voice be heard! That is, unless I'm the only one that has experienced less than desirable service from this consumer oriented company.

Please respond to this thread with your BAD customer service experiences when dealing with Direct TV:

... Tell us about the times that you have called and had to explain your issue mutliple times as your call was past from department to department. Tell us how many times you were past.

... Tell about the time the tech on the phone gave you contradictory information compared to what a previous tech on the same call provided. Describe the situation.

... Tell us about the service call scheduled through Direct TV and the experience with the sub contractor that came on site. Did they show up at all? If they did show up, were they on time? Did they provide a courtesy call to let you know they were running late?

... Have you ever called Direct TV for service and not had to explain yourself multiple times?

... Tell us about the time you requested to have your call escalated to speak to a supervisor or manager, get to a supervisor that tells you the same thing the agent told you and then asked to speak to a manager? Then to be told that the operations manager (David Schaefer) and his staff do not take calls from customers?

... How about when you ask for the name of a director or operations manager to direct a complaint to and no one knows who it is, or lets you know they cannot forward your call?

Well? Come on ... someone out there has had one of these experiences! Let us hear about it. This company's senior managers shield themselves from customers. This would tell me that have no interest in providing any valid level of service. Or is this just my imagination?

:(

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Why?

Do you think you can improve the situation? Do you just want to play "ain't it awful?" This is like those threads that complain about the lack of expertise on the part of people working for Best Buy. Is there anyone who does not know about problems with Directv? You should try talking to our local cable company. That company could give Directv lessons in ignorance and confusion. Art

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Art:

Not sure why you bothered to take the time. I assume you are one of those that feel since you are one voice alone, that you can't make a difference. Well my friend you are sadly mistaken.

I think many know that Direct TV is plagued with service problems. In fact, I think the problem starts with the operations management since they nor their admins will take calls from consumers when a request to for management has been made. THIS in my humble opinion, is the heart of their problem. They don't want to hear about customer service issues!

I can tell you from previous experience that a call to the Office of the President at Hughes Electronics can get results. Being in the customer service [technology] industry any company that is interested in how they are doing and how they can improve is interested in hearing feedback. Unfortunately, they have the wrong person providing operations management.

My intent Art, it to demonstrate to them that they are a laugh out here. I have read a number of threads at AVS with regards to this. I can certainly do my searches and collect the threads that exist but I thought I'd see if anyone was interested in venting in a single thread. If not, so be it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Art Lloyd
Why?

Do you think you can improve the situation? Do you just want to play "ain't it awful?" This is like those threads that complain about the lack of expertise on the part of people working for Best Buy. Is there anyone who does not know about problems with Directv? You should try talking to our local cable company. That company could give Directv lessons in ignorance and confusion. Art

·
Registered
113 Posts
David,

I am with Art on this one. It appears that you have a personal problem with the way your call was handled and the fact you were not given access to "higher ups".

Are there problems with customer service at D*? Most likely, but then again every service oriented business has some problems with customer service, name one company that doesn't and I am sure you will find somewhere out there a "ThatCompanySuxs.com" forum even for the best.

To me the real litmus test is not the "technocrat" that frequents these boards and believes themselves to more knowledgeable than the company the company they are buying the service from, but the everyday user. For me the real test was when I was out of town on business and it appeared that we lost D* service. My wife called, she explained the problem, "No TV" and they walked her through a series of steps that restored service.

Why don't you, with your CSR experience, provide them a list of constructive actions to take, rather than giving them a list of where they screwed up. I wonder how effective I would be as a T-ball coach if I just lamented about all the wrong ways to throw a baseball, instead of showing them the right way?

BTW --> Customer Satisfaction

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CTSooner my friend, you've made some grand assumptions that are quite poor. It would be useless to provide them only a list of problems. As you state, a more constructive letter is what they will receive.

In addition my friend, my original post in this thread didn't suggest issues related to your 'technocrat' comment. In fact, it is simple customer service problems that I expeirenced that are the issue.

Next time, if you don't have anything constructive to share related to a topic, move on to the next thread. Save your lessons for your T-Ball crowd.

·
Registered
113 Posts
David,

Quote:
CTSooner my friend, you've made some grand assumptions that are quite poor
Grand assumptions? What assumptions I made I believe are minor in comparision to your original posts assumption that D* customer service is, as a rule of thumb, poor.

Quote:
it is simple customer service problems that I expeirenced that are the issue.
So you are using a public forum for because you had a bad experience with D*?

Quote:
Being in the customer service [technology] industry
You are the one who admitted that you are in technology related customer service, not to generalize but I do find that people in the technology space often appear as technocrats.

Quote:
Next time, if you don't have anything constructive to share related to a topic, move on to the next thread. Save your lessons for your T-Ball crowd.
To the contrary I think I was constructive, just because I didn't jump on your "Isn't D* Customer Service Bad" bandwagon you appeared to have had your feelings hurt. And as for the T-ball crowd, at least they have a willingness to learn, adapt, and approach life with the glass still half full.

·
Premium Member
9,326 Posts
This site is not the place for this. Might I please suggest you take it to somewhere like epinions.com.

Thank you. Thread now closed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.