AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where would be a good place to go to look at projectors (DLP/LCD/D-ILA) in Arizona, preferably either the Tucson area or greater Phoenix area? Are there any good stores for this? I've been to a couple (Showcase, Ultimate Electronics, Buzz Jensen, Jerry's) but neither of them had a very good selection or set-up of these kind of projectors. Any others?

Thanks!

/Mike

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Mike,

Lots of folks that belong to this forum have projectors that you should be able to check out in your area.

I'm sorry to those who I might offend, but the last place I think you should go is to one of the places you mentioned. Mostly because I don't believe they spend the time necessary to properly set them up so you can see them at their best.

If you care to drive a few hours, or better yet, if you come out here to play on the river, feel free to get in touch with me to see my G11.

Chris

·
Banned
299 Posts
I live in lake Havasu City Arizona. When I discovered this forum a few years ago I got the burning desire to own a FTP big screen home theatre. I could not find a dealer in Phoenix or surrounding area 14 months ago that had any products on display or any knowledge greater than what was on this forum!

My suggestion is to wait for CES in Vegas or a comparable show because there is no way living in Arizona you are going to see anything that will excite you unless it is already in someone's home.

I finally bought a Sony VPL-10HT with a 105" Stewart Grayhawk screen and am very happy. However, I did not make a buying decision before going to CES first. That happens in November I think? Arizona has slim pickens for choices to find a projector tweaked and running to look at.....

·
Registered
581 Posts
Micke

Feel free to get a hold of me if you wish I'm in Phoenix area, I have a G11U not calibrated with Dalite screen and Dillard software.

I'll be going on vacation for a few weeks but when I get back if you wish to stop by just email me.

Hugo

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Holy Smokes!

Two of us from little Lake Havasu??

One with a 10HT and one with a G11 even. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif My gosh, the debate could start all over again.

Laredo, give me a call. I own Custom Pools out on Sweetwater Ave.

I'd love to see your Sony sometime.

Chris

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies and the invitations guys! http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

I saw the Sony 10HT at one of the Showcase places, but it was not set up properly. When I went back to look at it again, it was turned off and disconnected.

I've been thinking of going to CES next year (it's in January). I was in Vegas the CES weekend last year, but didn't go to any of the CES stuff...

I will save this thread for future reference in case I decide to stop and check out your setups. We're building a house right now, and I'm kind of hoping to find room for a little HT projector setup in it.

Thanks again!

Oh, and if anyone else has any tips about stores that carry these projectors feel free to answer. I'm not very optimistic about it, but still. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

/Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.