AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I listen to 50/50 music movies. I only have a 5.1 setup. I will connect PS3, cable, and PC all via HDMI. I wanted a 4th as a spare incase I decide to get a Xbox360 or something else down the line. I would like a on screen setup menu so I can program and tweak everything from my seat. The 1019 Pioneer is pretty nice looking so far. I was wondering what else is comparable to this

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the tips

·
Registered
55 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig /forum/post/17029150

Onkyo 607, Denon 1910/790, Pio 1019, Yamaha RX-V665, etc. Pretty much any $500-600 mid-level AV receiver these days has 4 HDMI inputs standard.

Hi, The Marantz NR1501 does not have the SACD, DSD feature. So what happens if I feed an SACD in DSD with the Oppo BDP-83 into the NR1501? (a bit confused). Thanks if you can help!

http://us.marantz.com/Products/2926.asp

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
^^^^

you let the oppo do the dsd to pcm conversion...

·
Registered
55 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj /forum/post/17037939

^^^^

you let the oppo do the dsd to pcm conversion...

Hi, thanks for the reply. So as long as the CD player can decode it, you can send the signal to any receiver? I thought the receiver had to play a part as well?

Also is a 50 watt per channel amp such as the NR1501 plenty powerful enough for 100 watt Energy Take Classic speakers? They just seem so small to go for a full sized receiver but they're definitely rated as 100 watts.

Even though I know the difference between 50 & 100 watts is about a 3db difference, I've never heard a 50 watt amp and it's ability to produce strong, clean sound. I'm only considering it because it's a Marantz.

·
Registered
29,113 Posts
The slim Marantz is a compromise between size and performance. You lose the 7.1 analog inputs and 7.1 preouts that other Marantz receiver have in order to get the slim chassis. Plus its is less powerful because other Marantz receivers in this class have 80/90 watts per channel. If you don't need the small design, I'd go for a regular height receiver.

But 50 watts per channel is plenty for Take Classics. At 89db sensitivity they are not hard to drive plus all the frequencies below 100hz would go to the subwoofer.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I have a feeling that it will take a while till we see a review on the NR1501 since it's low priced model from what's considered a a mid-value company by many - at least that's my experience when I've taken an interest in similiar equipment.

There's one sitting over at my local HIDEF Lifestyle store. They don't have it hooked up yet and the only comment I got from them is that they are disappointed that 2 of the speaker outputs are not on Binding Posts.

·
Registered
5,804 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmon4u /forum/post/17040871

I have a feeling that it will take a while till we see a review on the NR1501 since it's low priced model from what's considered a a mid-value company by many - at least that's my experience when I've taken an interest in similiar equipment.

There's one sitting over at my local HIDEF Lifestyle store. They don't have it hooked up yet and the only comment I got from them is that they are disappointed that 2 of the speaker outputs are not on Binding Posts.

any body get a 1501 and try it out? my dealer is offering me a worringly good price on it, but can't find one to audition.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts