AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used ReplayPC to download the MPG file from 5040. In windows, I tried Window Media Player 7 and WinAmp3 and both can't view the MPG file from 5040. What other program can I try?

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I spoke too soon. It's shareware, not freeware. I use it from time to time -- it doesn't have many features but it works fine on the replay mpgs (note that not all players do, since replay creates difficult (non-standard) mpgs). Anyway, give it a try, and if you like it, you send them $20.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I use Win DVD on my laptop. Version 3 came loaded on the laptop and I bought Version 4 at a Computer Show and Sale. Not sure whether it will play Replay MPGs but it works fine on the MPGs created by my USB capture device.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by franc11s
I have a 5040 and use both Windows Media Player and RealOne player.

They won't work until you download the Codec which as suggested are free at http://www.elecard.com/download/

Once plugged in, your windows media player will play them perfectly....
franc11s,

Please share which specific codec. I see lots of them listed at that site. I want to make sure I DL the right one. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
VideoLAN is recommended for DVArchive. I like it, but it isn't perfect. I've used it for streaming, but over wireless with High Quality recordings it always freezes. You can find DVArchive by searching here or going to Sourceforge.

Cheers

·
Registered
413 Posts
Replay makes MPEG2 files, so the MPEG2 decoder set on the left hand side will do what you want. Don't go to the individual files by scrolling down, go to the left and download the correct bundle.

Quote:
Originally posted by Replayer
franc11s,

Please share which specific codec. I see lots of them listed at that site. I want to make sure I DL the right one. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I concur with Amazingly Smooth, I've been using the videolan client under Mac osx without a hitch so far, watching mpg2 files that were previously downloaded (so I haven't experienced the wireless streaming problem).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.