AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out Yard Sailing yesterday and came across what I believe is quite a steal! I found a pair of Sound Dynamics ( I believe they make Energy speakers) RTS-3 bookshelf speakers. Now normally I wouldn't get too excited since it was just a yard sale, but these puppies looked brand new, I couldn't believe it. They wanted 5 bucks a piece for them and being the cheap bastard that I am, I offered them 5 for both and the speakers are mine. After doing some research it turns out theses are pretty good speakers, even considered "high end" in their day! Retailing for $280 for the pair. I knew all this meant nothing unless they worked. When I got home I hooked them up in place of my Polk Monitor 50's, and I was blown away by the sound. Very crisp and very clean. Anyway I listed them on Ebay since Im pretty set for speakers at the time being. When I do go to replace my surrounds I personally want bipoles. If you or someone you may know might be interested, check them out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=tab%3DSelling

·
Registered
662 Posts
5 years ago at a yard/garage sale I got a Sony 1272 CRT(1400 hours on it) with a Da-lite screen (7') for $50!! I have it hooked up in my garage and watch it all the time. I bought the Moome card for it so it has a HDMI input on it and it's in HD! I found many good deals, this was the best by far though! Congrats on your speaker find!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by wipron /forum/post/16969850

5 years ago at a yard/garage sale I got a Sony 1272 CRT(1400 hours on it) with a Da-lite screen (7') for $50!! I have it hooked up in my garage and watch it all the time. I bought the Moome card for it so it has a HDMI input on it and it's in HD! I found many good deals, this was the best by far though! Congrats on your speaker find!

That is a great find. Either some people dont know what they have, or dont care. One mans junk is another mans treasure! Im always looking for treasures.

·
Registered
6,946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond Leggs /forum/post/16970981

I got a pair of EPI series 110 Series 2's for $5.00 and they are mint, the foam surrounds are still soft and supple.

So you've finally retired the Lloyds?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.