AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lookieng for bookshelf speakers that sound like the Sennheiser momentums or B&W P7

Hello, first post here. I'm looking for speakers that are bellow 15.5 inches in height and ten inches in width that are front ported. My total budget for an amp and speaker is 2500. I'd prefer the speaker to have the amp built in (active) but if not that's ok. What I am looking for is a speaker that has the same sound signiture as the brower and wilkins p7 or Sennheiser Momentum. That is a speaker that has a bass emphasis, but is far from a basshead speaker. It has a bass emphasis to make it lively and give it warmth, but still has clear and detailed mids and highs. I was thinking of getting the ADAM A8x and use it as a hifi speaker, has anyone had experience with this speaker or have any suggestions for speakers?

I'm going to be moving it from room to room so there is no set room size. I want to be able to take it to my friends dorm and listen to it and stuff hence the size specifications. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I cannot recommend the Chane A1rx-c, more highly. This speaker should easily cost half your budget but is so much less, and the sound is, to put it bluntly, phenominal!

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
But it could go as low as 5 feet, does this site seriously not have an edit button?
Yes it does have an edit function.

If playing exclusively from your phone you might want to look into some BT speakers.

There's some really good ones out there.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I am using Sennheiser cans and they always remind me of Dynaudio speakers I have owned in the past.

They do offer an active speaker out of budget but you might look at the Focus series on Audiogon or Excite new.

Or stepping up in cans is always an option. There is a lot to be said for a higher end can rig. It's amazing the enjoyment I get out of it. The Sennheiser HD700 cans I'm using are pretty dang good at that price point and a good separate headphone amp. But that won't help with the dorm to dorm request.

But anyway, Dynaudio would be my suggestion here for what you describe. I have no input on using the iPhone sorry.

Rick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts