AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of 7.1 Energy Veritas speaker. The mains are 2.3i.
The receiver is a Marantz SR7007.

After a week of not using the setup I noticed no sound from the left main.

I tried different sources, same result. Also, I went through the setup of the Marantz with test tones. I noticed that there is a very faint sound coming from the FL speaker. It was at the same db setting as the FR. However the FR is much louder.

How can I diagnose further? I don't have a spare receiver...

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
swap the front left with front right. if the issue moves it is the speaker if not it is wiring or reciever
I did the test and can now confirm that the Marantz receiver is the issue. I bought the SR7007 on 1/28/2013. If I am not mistaken, there is a 3 year warranty?

Is there anything else I can do? Simple serviceable parts?

Where do I bring my receiver for repair? Does Marantz have a national service center?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Have you verified there isn't an issue with a bad wire on the left channel? I don't mean to insult you I just know that I have had an issues where one wire would work loose. I would set the speaker right next to the receiver and run a new piece of speaker wire just to make sure. As for specifics on Marantz well I cannot afford anything with their name on it so I am not sure.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you verified there isn't an issue with a bad wire on the left channel? I don't mean to insult you I just know that I have had an issues where one wire would work loose. I would set the speaker right next to the receiver and run a new piece of speaker wire just to make sure. As for specifics on Marantz well I cannot afford anything with their name on it so I am not sure.
I switched the FL and FR at the receiver. Unplugged FL from receiver FL and plugged into receiver FR. FL speaker + wire worked. FR speaker stopped working. Switched back, FL is dead again.
I contacted AudioConsultants, seems the closest service center fro me.

·
Registered
9,728 Posts
If it were me, I'd do one more test. Go to your local Home depot and get some regular old lamp cord. remove the old speaker wires and replace with the new wire. if the problem persists, it IS the receiver. This will be a lot cheaper than the cost of shipping the receiver only to find out it was a bad wire/connection!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts