AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not looking to go crazy on my theater upstairs. i have a pioneer 5050HD 50" plasma mounted on the wall. i want to mount the front and center speakers next to the plasma. i am looking at coupling that speaker setup with a Denon 2105 Receiver. i also use comcast cable HD DVR, and a good amount of xbox and ps2. just looking to do a good mid range setup, since i plan to build a theater in the basement in the future. just tryin to get some opinions on this setup.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I think it's a nice package as far as sub/sats go. Comes with wall brackets and should be on sale for around $799 right now too.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have auditioned them in a home theatre set up, and they sounded way beyond what I was expecting. I think they're an excellent choice, the price right now is also great. JD

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i think i am gonna jump on them at crutchfield for the sale price, and go with the denon 1905 for $200 less than the 2105 since its only the family room setup.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Are you getting it all at Crutchfield? The receivers will probably drop more soon, because the new models are nearly here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i am gonna order the speakers. he said the new models will be in a week from friday. the sale ends today on the speakers, so i am debating on holding off on the receiver since the new ones are only $50 more than their predecessors.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I considered getting the rm20 to go with the 50" panny PDP we plan on getting but because this will be going in our living room I decided on a pair of rm30's and an rm302 center. I'll be getting in cieling speakers for the surrounds and a HSU Research sub. One of the reasons I chose the rm30/302 was the size. I thought the rm20's might look funny on the wall next the TV. I've listened to the rm20's and I'm sure you'll like them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah can't wait the speakers will be here tomorrow. just put the pio-5050hd on the wall last night and it looks great. long week waiting for those receivers to come in.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I also looked at this system too. Three things bothered me:

1) The front (12.5") speakers are rounded on the bottom and so they can't stand on their own, so you need to use a speaker stand (which adds another few inches in height) unless you wall mount them.

2) All of the speakers have a freq response of only 100Hz - 20KHz, not really too good, which means lower mid-range may be a little weak.

3) When I looked at these at Circuit City they didnt sound too good - but of course it turned out that they didn't have them hooked up right (the front right speaker was not working, and they couldnt figure out why so I never heard them playing right).

All that said I listened to the RM10 (which is smaller) and it sounded pretty good so if you dont care about the stands I'm sure the RM20 will sound great...

Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.