AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a bedroom TV, (one didn't survive the move) and BB has the HP 32 in. on sale. Any experiences?

I don't NEED a name brand, and have been looking at the cheapies @ Walmart...(Polaroid, Ilo etc...) So any and all comments are welcome, even about the other brands.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I'm in the same boat Kevin. Looking for a 32-40 incher for the bedroom. The CC Olevia 232v looked like a great deal (Memorial sale) but then reveiws were all over the place regarding green tint and progressive capabilities. Not sure what to look at now.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
I bought the Westinghouse 32w6 for my bedroom several months ago and have been very happy with it. The black levels are not nearly as good as my Panasonic plasma but that's really my only issue. For $600 its a great bedroom tv. It has a great digital tuner for OTA broadcasts too, better than my Panasonic. I have a cheap $20 antenna in my closet hooked up to it and it works great, I get every local channel crystal clear.

·
Registered
90 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro J /forum/post/0

I'm in the same boat Kevin. Looking for a 32-40 incher for the bedroom. The CC Olevia 232v looked like a great deal (Memorial sale) but then reveiws were all over the place regarding green tint and progressive capabilities. Not sure what to look at now.

Ditto here, I'd like to pick up an LCD for the bedroom -- between 26" and 37". I also saw the CC Olevia advertised for a great price.

CC has several other models below the $1000 mark, which is my self-imposed budget for the bedroom set, including: Panasonic TC-32LX70, Samsung LN-T3242H, Samsung LN-T2653H, etc. Having a hard time finding reviews for any of these sets online. Can anyone shed some light on these t.v.s, or offer some recommendations in this size and price range?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
You all must live in areas with no Fry's Electronics, no Wal-Marts, no Sams, no Costco's, etc. IMHO, for a bedroom TV, all the off brands are fair game--Westinghouse (Sony), Vizio (Sony), Apex, Emprex, Spectre, etc.

I bought a 32" Westinghouse (the same w32w6) refurb from Buy.com for the bedroom for about a couple of months ago. It serves its purpose well and looks good (after some calibration).

The HP panels are supposedly pretty good. I don't have any personal experience with them.

Ilo? I saw them at Wal-Mart last week.

$1k is what I expect to pay for a no-name 42" plasma/LCD for an office, study or exercise room, not for my bedroom. However, to each his own.

Fry's had a few Emprex's on sale (27" I think) for a few months back. With next year's models coming in now (just in time for football season) there should be a few sales of last year's models.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I just bought a 42" LCD ILO from Walmart for clearance priced. I figured for plus the $60 2 year warranty, it was a safe bet. This is for a guest bedroom in my house. I normally would not buy ILO but could not resist the price.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by taeboguy /forum/post/0

I just bought a 42" LCD ILO from Walmart for clearance priced. I figured for plus the $60 2 year warranty, it was a safe bet. This is for a guest bedroom in my house. I normally would not buy ILO but could not resist the price.

How do you like you iLO? Can you give a review.

I was looking at the 42" Sceptre X42GV Komodo at Costco, the reviews here and elsewhere are very good for that Sceptre so wondering what you think of your iLO.

Thanks

·
Registered
161 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by akedwa /forum/post/0

How do you like you iLO? Can you give a review.

I was looking at the 42" Sceptre X42GV Komodo at Costco, the reviews here and elsewhere are very good for that Sceptre so wondering what you think of your iLO.

Thanks

So far it is okay. I hooked up my Fios cable box via coax cable for the time being which looks terrible (looked just fine on my 36" tube set). I hooked up my 480p DVD player and it looks really good.

I am going to hook up my HD-DVD player tonight and see how the HDMI looks. Also may hook up my Fios HD-DVR and see how that looks. There is no QAM tuner in there but there is an ATSC tuner for OTA tuning. I have not tried the OTA yet. I have a roof top antenna but would have to run a really long cable to the set to test.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by akedwa /forum/post/0

Thanks

You should wait for about a month when Costco will have the 46" 1080p Sceptre on sell. You can look at the picture right now on Costco's site but there is no price until August 6th.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.