AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
im looking for a second sub to run nearfield. my nxg bas is located at the front of the room about 3ft from the corner.. i have considered getting another nxg but i wasnt getting a good bass response when i tried it nearfield so im not sure if running a second nxg would sound that great. i am looking at the sb1000 at the moment. other choices i have considered is a 12 or 15 dayton ultimax in a sealed enclosure but i dont think i want to go the diy route. my budget is 500

my room is 18x18 with 7 foot ceiling open to a staircase
used for 50/50 music/movies

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Bic V-1020 or 1220.

·
Registered
9,217 Posts
im looking for a second sub to run nearfield. my nxg bas is located at the front of the room about 3ft from the corner.. i have considered getting another nxg but i wasnt getting a good bass response when i tried it nearfield so im not sure if running a second nxg would sound that great. i am looking at the sb1000 at the moment. other choices i have considered is a 12 or 15 dayton ultimax in a sealed enclosure but i dont think i want to go the diy route. my budget is 500

my room is 18x18 with 7 foot ceiling open to a staircase
used for 50/50 music/movies
IMO if the NXG didn't work near field, no sub will work well in that spot. Just seems like a bad spot.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IMO if the NXG didn't work near field, no sub will work well in that spot. Just seems like a bad spot.
i was thinking it didnt work well because of the rear port. i thought a sealed might work better near field.

·
Registered
9,217 Posts
I could be wrong but with subs it doesn't really matter if it's ported or not. That spot might just be in a null or hotspot as far as frequencies under 80hz goes.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i guess i will try the entire back wall to see if i can find a spot where a second sub would sound good. i found a great spot on the front wall. i even thought about reversing the entire room so that my listening position would be in that spot but that would be way to much.

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Do the sub crawl, best way to find the optimum sub location(s).

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks... i found one spot on the back wall that sounds ok. but not nearly as good as it sounds up front. i may just pull the trigger and get another nxg to see if they work well together.if that doesnt work well i can maybe just move it to the front wall with the other sub i guess.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts