AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm mainly going to be using this TV for console gaming including the XBOX 360/ONE PS3/PS4

I'll also be using it for my Boxee Box

This is my current TV which I bought about two years ago

Panasonic Viera TC-P50U2

This is the TV I'm thinking of getting

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/panasonic-panasonic-viera-60-1080p-600hz-plasma-smart-tv-tcp60s60-tcp60s60/10241749.aspx?path=67a07bc7282d9380300e33461f39e10ben02

I'm trying to determine if the TV I'm planning on getting will provide a noticeable difference in picture quality for the things I'm planning to do with it such as console gaming.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Welcome to the forum! While I can't comment on the U series I thought I would bring up that you can buy the 65" version for two hundred more elsewhere. Also there's a club model(S64) with an AR filter that you may want to consider.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I saw that model you're referring to with the AR filter but it's only available in the US at Costco or Sams Club and I live in Canada.

As for the other model for $200 more for a 65inch display I did see that as well but am more concerned about the upgrade in picture quality vs my current tv.

I went to a local video store and they said the model I was looking at upgrading to wouldn't offer really any difference at all so I've decided to just hold off.

I'm not prepared to drop $2,000 or more for a new TV that would in no way improve my experience.

Unless someone here is able to suggest a 55' Panasonic plasma that would drastically be an upgrade over my TC-P50U2

1 - 3 of 3 Posts