AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 65" MIT WD-65831 is going out and it's time to buy something new. I'm wanting to stay a tad over or "better" under $1k.

Primary use is Apple TV (Streaming), HULU, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Xbox 360, and PS3. This set is primarily used for kid's shows and games with occasional family movies. Very rarely do we watch anything we want to. We have our old 42" Pan Plasma in out sitting room for that. That's why I'm not wanting to drop a ton of cash on this TV, but want to keep size etc for when we have people over.

Vizio seems to be the best fit for $$ for size.

I'm looking at the E701I-A3 as Sam's for $1,498. Is this a good TV? I really hate to spend that much.

It seems my options are either a 60" or 70". I hate to go smaller, but 65" to 60" probably isn't that noticeable.

I'm also looking at this model http://store.vizio.com/e600ib3.html although it doesn't seem to be available via retail channels yet. $899 isn't bad and is for sure the price I'd rather spend.

If I understand the A3 is the 2013 model and B3 is the 2014 model right? It sounds like the pic quality on the 2014 models are really nice.

Any advice?

·
Registered
216 Posts
To be honest with what you described TV that e600ib3 looks like the perfect one I say that because other people's experiences here seem to be really good for the 2014 e series models and are quite improved over 2013 mid ranged model. And I think for kids use and family night with kids it will be more than enough. Now if you said you were getting the TV to watch blue ray movies I'd have you wait for the 2014 m series. But for kids and general family use that e600ib3 would be perfect!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! That's probably the way I'm leaning as $899.99 is more what I was thinking versus dumping $1,400 or more on a 70".

Now I just have to wait for the stores to get them in.

I'm a little hesitant hearing reports of all the bad sets people have had to return.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went in Best Buy today and this TV UN60FH6003FXZA (Samsung) was on sale for $899.99. Looked pretty good and we need a TV now, so we jumped on it.

·
Registered
216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by raldane  /t/1524367/looking-at-vizios-advice#post_24532885

Went in Best Buy today and this TV UN60FH6003FXZA (Samsung) was on sale for $899.99. Looked pretty good and we need a TV now, so we jumped on it.
you might be able to find someone on here that can help you calibrate it to get the most out of the tv hope the family enjoys it!

·
Registered
903 Posts
My advice would be to avoid the E701I-A3 for now. There has been an issue with white spots and it's not clear if they've fixed it yet. See the

Vizio E701 thread in this forum, jump to the last couple pages & read it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts