AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at (probably will) go with VMPS in my theater.

Anybody else out there have VMPS in their theater. Especially looking at the ribbon models. 626R, RM1, RM2, RM40 etc.

I know a lot about VMPS from my research. Looking for members real listening and doing experiences.

I know the RM40 is a KILLER speaker. It has been proven that it is awesome for 2 channel. It received best of CES this year. Is anyone using it in a 5.1 or 7.1 configuration.

Inquiring minds (mine) want to know.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Scott,

My RM 40's and LRC center channel should be in about may 20th. :)

Rick

·
Banned
143 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by WScott
I am looking at (probably will) go with VMPS in my theater.

Anybody else out there have VMPS in their theater. Especially looking at the ribbon models. 626R, RM1, RM2, RM40 etc.

I know a lot about VMPS from my research. Looking for members real listening and doing experiences.

I know the RM40 is a KILLER speaker. It has been proven that it is awesome for 2 channel. It received best of CES this year. Is anyone using it in a 5.1 or 7.1 configuration.

Inquiring minds (mine) want to know.

Track down "tyson" at http://www.harmonicdiscord.com I think he has done comparisons against the highly rated Norh 9.0

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'm still in the process of finishing my HT. However, I've got my VMPS speakers set up in a temporary room for playing in the meantime, though.

I had a pair of RM2's at first. Completely amazing speaker. This was before the NEO panels and I can't imagine a better sounding midrange/high end than the old type. The NEO's have to completely rock. Anyhow, for my HT application I decided to trade up before my year was up to a pair of SuperTower/R SE's. The dynaribbon (dynapleat) midrange drivers used on these are notably better than any cone midrange I've experienced, although I did lose some detail and "finess" from the ribbon panels. However, I wanted the extra extension and dynamics and this is exactly what I got!

To answer your question, you cannot go wrong, IMO, with any of the ribbon series from VMPS. What Brian Cheney does with his crossovers and driver integration is a HUGE improvement over 99% of speakers out there (all drivers in phase, all first order crossovers, but seamless integration). The ribbons, though, add an extra dimension of detail in the most important frequency range that'll knock your socks off. If I were starting from scratch today, I'd consider seriously for HT AND for 2 channel, 626 Ribbons all around with a couple of VMPS larger subs... Yummy!

-Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.