AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my G1000 D-ILA setup in my living room but since its a solar design house its impossible and silly to try to watch anything while its still light outside. At 80 cents an hour in bulb cost having CNN on during the day is REALLY silly for me besides. I am looking to switch both component HDTV and the output from my HTPC back and forth between something like the new 38" RCA and my D-ILA. However, a recent post says the RCA will only go as high as 1280x1024 when driven by a HTPC. I really want the computer output to be run on a monitor without having to switch resolutions. I also don't want another computer in the room. Will the RCA rescale possibly? Any other "clues" for me? I'm clueless at the moment.

Larry Vale

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
How about that Sony 16x10 monitor the ... GDM-W900 I believe?

It has a 1920x1080 mode in 16x9 (with very very slender black bars on the top and bottom)

It doesn't specifically say it can do 1365x1024 but it should be able to be set up that way?

------------------

It's great to have all this great gear. But I'd instead put all that money into software (Movies) I'd have SOMETHING TO WATCH ON ALL THIS GREAT GEAR. Doh!

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
1980 x 1080 is 1080i HD. Remember that computer resolutions are progressive not interlaced so 1280 x 1024 is beyond all but the high end front projection HDTV's.

Most HDTV's will not do many computer resolutions so don't assume it will as this can lead to damaging your HDTV trying resolutions it's not designed for!

------------------

------------------
My DVD/LD List My Equipment List

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.