AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have a dedicated 7.2 that I use for movies and gaming. I am lucky enough to have a spare room that I was given permission to put a couple of speakers in for stereo/2ch listening. Would be playing CDs. Maybe vinyl, but probably not in short term.

My limitations are -

No big, floorstanders.

Monitors or bookshelfs prefered.

Under $400.

I have a vision of building out this room a bit more with a UPA or some such 2 channel amp/preamp. What all do you guys reccomend for speakers?

I saw a nice pair of used Paradigm Atom Monitor V5's. How would these fare?

·
Registered
15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiger /forum/post/19605907

Hi Guys,

I have a dedicated 7.2 that I use for movies and gaming. I am lucky enough to have a spare room that I was given permission to put a couple of speakers in for stereo/2ch listening. Would be playing CDs. Maybe vinyl, but probably not in short term.

My limitations are -

No big, floorstanders.

Monitors or bookshelfs prefered.

Under $400.

I have a vision of building out this room a bit more with a UPA or some such 2 channel amp/preamp. What all do you guys reccomend for speakers?

I saw a nice pair of used Paradigm Atom Monitor V5's. How would these fare?

The first thing that comes to mind are the modified XL-S. You should be able to find a pair used on the web somewhere.

Full shootout review here:
http://www.stereomojo.com/Small%20Sp...otoutPart2.htm

·
Banned
20,735 Posts
This seems like a very limited budget, I'm not understanding why you would build an entirely separate system rather than just listening to your current system in stereo, and investing that money in improving your current system?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts