AVS Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
16,656 Posts
Thank you very much for answer.
The guy who sells scpcat5e is convincing me that this cable (250$ 15m) will work for me 100%, all his clients have same requirements that I do and it works for them...

I have same bends around all 3 corners. Connector is tide.

Can you suggest which cables should I try (not going to blame you if it fails!)?

He's a salesman and will tell you anything to get a sale. It's probably an ok cable so, as I said, all you can do is try. I still say a new Ruipro4k cable would be your best bet because they mfr their own cables, use their own proprietary chipsets, have them tested by an ATC and have very good customer support.

45' (15m) is tough for any cable so if you go with the SCPCAT cable I'd strongly recommend that you get one that doesn't need or have the micro-HDMI adapter.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
He's a salesman and will tell you anything to get a sale. It's probably an ok cable so, as I said, all you can do is try. I still say a new Ruipro4k cable would be your best bet because they mfr their own cables, use their own proprietary chipsets, have them tested by an ATC and have very good customer support.

45' (15m) is tough for any cable so if you go with the SCPCAT cable I'd strongly recommend that you get one that doesn't need or have the micro-HDMI adapter.
But I already have Ruipro right now (the sent me 2 cables) and they don't work.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Small update:

I connected to the source of cable my ps4pro (instead of gpu) and it worked.
Not sure if PS4Pro streams 4k hdr in 60hz.

·
Registered
16,656 Posts
Small update:

I connected to the source of cable my ps4pro (instead of gpu) and it worked.
Not sure if PS4Pro streams 4k hdr in 60hz.

As I mentioned, if you've had two new cables and they didn't work then it's probably not the cables and you need to go back and carefully look at your source and possibly sink settings to see if it's a configuration issue.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
As I mentioned, if you've had two new cables and they didn't work then it's probably not the cables and you need to go back and carefully look at your source and possibly sink settings to see if it's a configuration issue.

But once again, short cable works with the setup so it's not configuration.
Don't know what to do next.

·
Registered
16,656 Posts
But once again, short cable works with the setup so it's not configuration.
Don't know what to do next.

Short cable lengths will usually work fine with most cables. Distance is the achilles heel of HDMI. So you will probably have to adjust your output to a setting that will display what will work. You can try an active, copper only cable, but the cable will probably be thick so you'll lose flexibility (bend radius) which can result in undo strain on the HDMI inputs. It could also be that your source (pc) doesn't have consistent current output to push the signal down the cable over that distance. You could try a voltage inserter at the source end and see if that works. I still say it's the device setups and not the cables.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Short cable lengths will usually work fine with most cables. Distance is the achilles heel of HDMI. So you will probably have to adjust your output to a setting that will display what will work. You can try an active, copper only cable, but the cable will probably be thick so you'll lose flexibility (bend radius) which can result in undo strain on the HDMI inputs. It could also be that your source (pc) doesn't have consistent current output to push the signal down the cable over that distance. You could try a voltage inserter at the source end and see if that works. I still say it's the device setups and not the cables.
I have voltage inserter and it doesn't help.

Regarding the device the only configuration I have is the Nvidia control panel and I already tried all options.

·
Registered
16,656 Posts
I have voltage inserter and it doesn't help.

Regarding the device the only configuration I have is the Nvidia control panel and I already tried all options.

Did you try the VI at both ends? It still sounds like a config issue but if you've tried all possible combinations, then you'll just need to keep purchasing cables until you find one that works reliably. 40' can be tough but not impossible. And there are lots of folks who are having successful connections at 40' and a bit longer with the Ruipro4k cables and other well made hybrid fiber cables so you'll just have to go the trial and error route until you find one.

·
Registered
58 Posts
But I already have Ruipro right now (the sent me 2 cables) and they don't work.
You could try the Monoprice cable/s that I mentioned above... One of the reviews states that "it was the only one that worked for them." Or wait for me to try it first, but you might be waiting a while.

I'm currently without a 4k device to properly test the cable so I'm waiting on that. I was told that I can return the cable if it doesn't work as advertised (from Primecables which is a Monoprice reseller in Canada) so obviously I want to make sure I have a 4k/HDR10 device to test it when it arrives.

I have since found that same cable on Amazon for slightly cheaper, though I'm not sure what their return policy is for cables. You should be able to find the exact same one in the states, either on Amazon or directly from Monoprice.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
4K HDR 4:2:2 (not even 4:4:4) 10BIT 60HZ from my PC (with gpu NVIDIA 1080TI) to TV (Samsung qled9).
That should not work regardless of cable. AFAIK, 4K, 4:2:2, 60, 10 bit is not a valid HDMI signal, you can do 4K, 4:2:0, 60, @ 8, 10 or 12 bit ● 4K, 4:2:2, 60, @ 12 bit ● 4K, 4:4:4, 60, @ 8 bit

You could also use 4K, 4:2:2, 24/25/30, @ 12 bit ● 4K, 4:4:4, 24/25/30, @ 8, 10 or 12 bit

·
Registered
16,656 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Your links don't work. But for 4k HDR, it's not surprising that you found one that works. Congrats.
Here's an updated link should anyone be interested.

·
Registered
16,656 Posts
Here's an updated link should anyone be interested.

It's an active cable using the Spectra7 chipsets so it should work ok for the HDMI 2.0 option sets.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts