AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have a six pole magnet off a XG?

I have way too much time on my hands and I want to spend the next couple of days experimenting with the focus on my 10PG.

Deron.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
I think the tube neck on the 10PG tube is too big. You may need a 6 pole magnet off a 1292 instead. Measure them and let me know, if the XG size will fit, there's a chance I have a set around in my junk pile(otherwise known as the basement).

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Hey Paul, in case the 6poles don't fit from an XG, I would be interested in them.

Marc

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Paul

The magnets are the same size as a barco 800, 1100, Sony 12XX. They measure about a 32nd shy of a one and one half inches, it would be interesting if all the tubes necks were the same size. They do not have to be a perfect fit as there is tape on the tube and I can either remove the tape or add more.

Also I have some free time lately so I'm going to order that silicone desolver, if it works I will be sending you the stuff I do not use, otherwise I will send it back to dynaloy.

And you must of seen my threads on the focus problems with the 10PG, any suggestions on getting better focus at the edges without losing center focus?

Yeah I would be grateful if you can find some time to dig those out of your parts center.

Deron.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Ok, we may be moving, so the junk pile will have to get some attention. I'll poke around and see if I do have any of those fancy magnets. I think the old tried and true is correct with the 10PG. For great optical focus, it has to be in EXACTLY the right position relative to the screen. And for electronic focus, I think you've already got it. The focus yokes and astig flare adjustments you've already hit on will get you there. LOTS of work, but it is the way to do it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Deron,

how much of your phosphor did you use? Do you leave 1/2" to the edges?

The more you use, it gets difficult to focus the edges, before my H OT breakdown, I had fantastic overall focus at my 10PG, but not so much phosphor was used.....be carefull with that great machine!!!!

If you suceed with your 6pole MG, let me know, I'm interested too, but for now I've some other problems.....

Daniel

·
Registered
6,140 Posts
I think I've created the six pole monster...

Chip S.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.