AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a TV that is 60+. Can anyone tell me what's out there that is 60+ and considered a good TV? At 60 I was thinking about the Pioneeryet I may want something a bit biggerpossibly between 63 - 65

If there is something that will be coming out in the near future, I am willing to wait.

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
There is:

Samsung 63A650

Panasonic 65PF10UK

Pioneer 6020FD

Pioneer 151FD

LG 60PG60

However, these are within reason. Sony has 70" LCD for $30k.

I would wait until the 65PZ850U releases...

Chris

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Samsung 63A650

Pioneer 6020FD

LG 60PG60

The 60" units above are all great units but, I agree with Chris if you are looking for a larger size the TH-65PZ850 is right around the corner.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any dates on the 65PZ850U?

Oh, speaking of future sets, now that Pioneer has teamed up with Panasonic we may finally see a 65” set by Pioneer. With some luck next year.

·
Registered
5,001 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADP02 /forum/post/14343281

Oh, speaking of future sets, now that Pioneer has teamed up with Panasonic we may finally see a 65 set by Pioneer. With some luck next year.

My guess around Sept/Oct...

Chris

·
Registered
125 Posts

Quote:

In another thread, someone said that Panasonic Customer Service told them the larger 800U/850U should be available through Panasonic's website the first week of August or so. It will probably take a while longer for the retailers to get them....

Update: Here's a link to that earlier post: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...7#post14320077

·
Registered
998 Posts
There is a thread discussing CNET ranking Panasonic as better than Pioneer. You might want to read it. Pioneer tops out at 60" but Panasonic has a 65" plasma. You would get 5 extra inches and it wouldn't cost alot more than the Elite.

Here is my advice, the Elite is a great picture but the Kuro isn't in the same ballpark. If you want Pioneer then go for the Elite. If not, get a Panasonic which might be better than Kuro.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdavy /forum/post/14343923

In another thread, someone said that Panasonic Customer Service told them the larger 800U/850U should be available through Panasonic's website the first week of August or so. It will probably take a while longer for the retailers to get them....

Update: Here's a link to that earlier post: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...7#post14320077

Panasonic would not hold it exclusivley to themselves for sale because if they did they woud have a lot of angry vendors on their hands, once they have it, all others will have it as well.

·
Vendor
29,800 Posts
Samsung FP-T6374 are being blown out right now at a great price. The Panasonic TH-65PZ750U are still around at a good price.

The Panasonic TH-65PZ850U and Samsung PN63A650 that will be out soon, could be anyday, from now until October.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Go for the 65" Panny. That will be the biggest most resonably priced set. If you have no budget then go for the Sony or LG 70".

·
Registered
5,603 Posts

Quote:

Any dates on the 65PZ850U? speaking of future sets, now that Pioneer has teamed up with Panasonic we may finally see a 65” set by Pioneer. With some luck next year.

so far thats just speculation that glass outsourced from panny will stick with the 58/65" sizes that panny has used. Would be better for Pioneer to keep to the 60" size to differentiate from Panny and also rumors of a 70" pioneer panel in the 10G but it's all wait and see. maybe some more solid news at CES Jan 2009.

and with mention from Pioneer that the 9G will have a long 18 month product cycle any of those sizes even if true may not be seen until Jan 2010...

·
Registered
5,001 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman /forum/post/14348542

Sony has a new 70" coming out in Oct. The 70XBR7 should be an awesome tv. Not sure what the price will be, but I'm keeping an eye on this one.

Probably well over $20k. The reason for the high price because their is a low demand at that size because of the price point. Only a certain percentage of the US population can afford a $20k+ display.

Chris

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
The Magnolia near my place has all the available 60+ plasmas:

The Samsung 63"

The Panasonic TH-65PZ750U

Tha Aquos 65" (I know, it's a LCD but the only one bigger than 60")

The LG 70"

The sets are all on the same room, with the same Directv feed. One important thing: The feed is from the old HD channels, still MPEG2 and VERY compressed.

The Samsung looks pretty nice, cheaper than the others but a bit smaller.

The Aquos looks absolutely terrible. You get close and the picture has too much motion artifacts. Maybe good for game but with the Directv feed it looks worse than any other display in the store.

The LG is a surprise. It looks great and better than any other set with the exception of the smaller Pioneer Elite (60"). Less than 10K now, old stock. I don't like anything made by LG but I strongly recommend a careful look at this display.

The big deception is the Panasonic. I own a 50" and I love it but this 65" doesn't produce a clean picture. Loads of artifacts when you get close, maybe it's just the bad feed or the video processor is actually not that good. Looking forward for the PZ850 and hoping for a better video processor.

I wanna replace my 73" DLP Mitsubishi and anything below 65" won't cut.

Sergio

·
Registered
19,370 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by creemail /forum/post/14349043

Probably well over $20k. The reason for the high price because their is a low demand at that size because of the price point. Only a certain percentage of the US population can afford a $20k+ display.

Chris
Ouch, didn't think it would be that much.

·
Registered
5,001 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman /forum/post/14354520

Ouch, didn't think it would be that much.

Beyond attainable is the word. Manufacturer's know that the profit margin is huge on those displays. All it takes is for Vizio or any other manufacturer to answer by providing a 70"-80" display for under $6000 and this will drive the prices down tremendously. Lets hope that Vizio can come out with a 103" plasma for under $10k....

Chris

1 - 20 of 28 Posts