AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking of going with panasonics new 32" but it looks as if it has no ATSC tuner built it.

Thanks

·
Registered
333 Posts
What's your budget? I'm asking the same question in my topic, but am unsure whether it's better for me to get a 32" 4:3 or a 30" 16:9

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not really sure to tell you the truth. I guess I just wanted to get an idea of what people like right now. Also, I only want the 4:3 ratio to fill an entertainment center.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Well, I can't link anything yet , but in my topic is a nice 32" Samsung with all the bells and whistles for $650 at circuit city

·
Premium Member
18,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ntense
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking of going with panasonics new 32" but it looks as if it has no ATSC tuner built it.

Thanks
Since you want the ATSC tuner the new 32" Sony XS945 would be a nice choice.

The letterboxed 16:9 area of a 32" screen is about equal to a 29" size so you're only losing an inch when watching HD, but get a LOT more screen area when watching regular TV.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,

I have been searching for a 32" HDTV tv, and found one that I really liked, but couldn't find any Walmart that carried it. I settled for the Philips 30" WS 30PW9110D. About a week later, I was in my local Walmart, and happened to see the original Panasonic I was looking for sitting on a cart. I asked about it, and it turns out that the unit was a layaway never picked up. I asked the price, and when it was scanned, it came up as $398. I did a double take, since this unit is on their website at $690 clearance. I picked one up that night, and am returning the Philips that I wasn't 100% satisfied with anyway. It doesn't have a built in tuner, but at $398, an HDTV ready 32" can't be beat. It seems that it is a discontinued mode on clearance, but some stores still have stock. It's a great set, and has plenty of inputs for the future, as well as being HDTV ready. Good Luck finding one, I just thought this might be some helpful information. The model number is CT-32HC14. Thanks again for all the responses to my previous posts.

Thanks,

Don

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That really is a good price. Maybe I could find one a with the extra money and purchase an ATSC tuner as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm in this same boat with w 4:3 32" TV and am having a tough time finding models. I should say finding models with an integrated tuner. Here are the options I've seen:

Sanyo HT32744 from Walmart

Phillips 32PT9100D/3 at BestBuy

Samsung txp3271H f at my local Best Buy, but not on the website

That is really it from my research. Are there other 32" 4:3 HDTVs with an integrated tuner for about $700-800?

·
Registered
12 Posts
On that note, should I be looking at 32" sets without the ATSC tuner if I plan to use it? How much can one get it externally?

I really don't like the limited selection of the 32" sets with tuners at the various B&M places around here. If I had to pick today I'm going with the HT32744 but it's an old model and the problems with the component imputs do scare me...

·
Banned
1,661 Posts
There can be a Toshiba 32" 4:3 HDTV available, but Orion does not know how to produce 32" 4:3 HDTV, so Toshiba is not offering any.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.