AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions? I don't need HD yet, as my cable company doesn't offer it, but I know that for the future it is better to have, as well as the increased picture quality on lower strength signals. 25% of my watching is SD channels (movies and such), but the rest is on analog cable still.

I bought a Toshiba 32AF45 from Sears, and the picture quality is horrible. This TV was made by Orion in Indiana, has few controls, and because of a defect, will only let me change the contrast. I can do nothing w/brightness, color or tint, and everything has a green color to it. It's also advertised as an FST pure tube, but it shows major geometry problems, especially w/the newscrawler on MSNBC.

What one do you think is the best? They have the Samsung 32" at the local Sears for a good price, but I'm a little limited in space (It's 36" wide). The TV I had there before (a 31" Zenith made in 1991) was 31" wide, 28" high, and 21" deep. I picked the 32AF45 because of it being the closest in size to what I had there.

Money isn't an object to me, I'll spend for the best TV possible. I'd really rather have a Sony KDF-E42A10, but I'm uncertain about the picture quality on lower grade signals as well as be too overwhelming for the room (11' x 10').

So what would you recommend? I know Sony, Panasonic and Samsung make these 32" 4x3 models, and I'm fine w/any of the 3, which is most likely what I'll be getting now.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.