AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
I'm also in the market for a smaller LCD as well and was all decided on the Sony 32L until I saw the Samsung and Panasonics you have listed there as well. I have to tell you, all three look pretty damn good. I would eliminate the Samsung... no HDMI-CEC, that lets you control another component like bluray player or DVD from the one remote. I'm 98% sure both the Panny and the Sony have that feature.

I picked up an openbox 32B360 ($349) 2 days ago and I've already returned it... light was bleeding from 3 edges and was too obvious. Also, there were marks on the rear casing around the screws that shows that this set was already serviced, or at the least someone tried to remove the back of the set. Other than that, it was a GREAT little TV, if it didn't cost $437 new, I would have tried another unit.

I got an openbox Sony 26L5000 instead ($349), setting it up now... will let you know what I think soon.

Did not consider the LG... no special reason.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
im in the same boat as you guys, iv done many reading, i think i narrowed it down to the LG32H20 and the panasonic TC-L32C12 , which one do you guys think is better? one thing tho, the panasonic has only 10,000:1 CR , the LG has 30:000:1 CR, big difference

·
Registered
584 Posts
You can't compare contrast ratio from one brand to another. They all use their own specific (different) methods to measure this quality. I'm not an LG fan (although I own a 42" plaz) so did not consider the H20. I went in BB looking to choose between the Sammy and Sony. I will tell you this though... the Panny caught my eye... very nice picture, I was impressed. Also surprising was a 32" Sharp on display, the PQ was excellent as well.

I would have to say that the 32" models from Sony, Samsung, Sharp and Panasonic are pretty close in PQ. I got the remotes are fiddled with the TVs for a couple of hours; if I had to rank them... Samsung 460, Sharp, Panasonic C12, and Sony L5000.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I spent a lot of time deciding between the Samsung and the Sony. Unless you are a '..phile', the differences are so minor that ultimately it was the price point that can drive your decison.
Credit : Sony KDL-32L5000

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
thx for the info chinee and cads, the ghosting talk about the samsung is nothing scary right? i can get the 32" B460 Brand new Shipped with no tax for $499 which i think is an amazing price for such a TV.

I was at best buy today and i was looking at the H20 and the samsung b360 and the b460 and the contrast and color of the samsungs was much DEEPER and nice all in all.

So chinee, you would go for the B460 at $499 shipped no tax right? i mean at this price and for 50:000:1 contrast ration is outstanding in my opinion, Btw i saw the panasonic you were talking about too at best buy, it wasnt bad at all but i still prefered the Picture of the sammy.

·
Registered
584 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamonsasa /forum/post/17010652

So chinee, you would go for the B460 at $499 shipped no tax right? i mean at this price and for 50:000:1 contrast ration is outstanding in my opinion, Btw i saw the panasonic you were talking about too at best buy, it wasnt bad at all but i still prefered the Picture of the sammy.

Although I think the best PQ belongs to the Samsung, it does not have the HDMI-CEC feature. If you're connecting a component via an HDMI cable, this feature allows you to control a Bluray or DVD player with the TV's remote. I use this alot. And since I'm afraid of Sharp quality and the Panny remote button layout is not to my liking (it sucks), if I were buying today, I'd get the Sony. So although Sammy has an edge over Sony with PQ, I agree with Cads above, it's not significant.

And ease of exchange/return is also important, buying online does not allow for easy exchanges/returns. E.g. I got the 32B360 last Wednesday from BB, but I noticed some bleeding at the edges, so I returned it in 2 days and got the Sony 26"... easy as pie. And after spending the weekend with the 26" Sony, I think it's too small, I may need a 32. But I will keep it for a couple more weeks to see if it will grow on me, if not, I'll return that one too.

It all depends on what's important to you... you'll be living with this purchase for many years to come, so make the right choice. Honestly, depending on your needs, you can't go wrong with either the Sony or the Samsung.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
well yea man i just want a nice LCD for the bedroom , i have a 52 A650 in the living room and a complete home theather definitive technology sound system but for the bedroom i want something that has great picture and this sammy seems like it does, i mean 50:000:1 is pretty freaking nice , i watch tv at night you know , like late night shows(conan etc.. ), I will probably game on this tv too with the xbox 360.

i can get this tv for $499 shipped and No tax, i mean , its pretty incredible. The only other choices i saw according to reviews is the LG LH20 but first of all, i dont trust LG, never owned any TV made by them, second , i was at best buy today and i they had the Sammy b360 side by side with the LG LH20 and man the sammy had a much better picture quality , colors were better, it was deeper and just a BETTER picture overall. the LG was nice too but when compared it just seemed dull.

So i should pull the trigger right? im geting the TV from ABT Electronics, i bought ALOT of electronics from these guys and their return policy is amazing, if the tv has any problem i will just call them and then i will take the tv to UPS and ship it back to them, i dont need to pay for anything, they pay for the shipping back.

The ghosting is not a big issue right guys?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi All

I am a newbie here. Just bought my first lcd hdtv. I was torn between the Sony KDL 32 5000 & the Samsung LN32B460. Even though I have been a loyal Sony TV fan since the 1980's, the picture on the Samsung looked better to me. Plus the Samsung was on sale for less and the design of it was so beautiful.

·
Registered
4 Posts
A little late to the party, but I had to chime in and say I was in a similar situation and I just bought a Panasonic TC-L32X1 and I couldn't be happier unless it had an analog audio output and a headphone jack but the picture looks great! The L32C12 does have analog out but I can't really say if it has the same picture quality.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just wanted to add that I too was torn between the same sets as the OP. I ended up getting the 32" Sony and love it so far. Nothing against the other sets, it's just that the Sony suited my needs better. Plus, it didn't have that glossy bezel so many brands have these days. Which is fine if you like it, I just prefer something less reflective.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.