AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at getting either the Sony EX400 or EX308 for my bedroom. However, I do not think either has a wake up feature that I can use as an alarm from M-F. Are there LCD Tvs around 32inch or smaller that have a wake up feature that can put on a specific channel at a specific time monday through friday?

·
Registered
272 Posts
BUMP... I'm helping my Dad look for this feature too. He's wanting to get a 32" for my Mom to put in the bedroom where she watches most of her TV. She also uses her current TV with it's timer-on/off feature and I would like to find a modern flat panel with this feature. Dad has a budget of $300-350. I've already spent my budget, but I may be able to take on a little extra cost if it's worth it.

Any recommendations for a 32"? Preferably with the timer on/off feature?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I just looked at Best Buy and there was a 32 inch Dynex lcd with a sleep timer and it is well under your budget. However I don't know how elaborate the timer function is and whether it would fit your purposes.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
Most TVs with sleep timers only turn the TV off at a prescribed time. I googled "TVs with on/off timer" and came up blank. Perhaps a $15 alarm clock will do the wake-up job for you.

Maybe someone else has better luck at finding one than I did.

·
Registered
272 Posts
wow... an alarm clock! ... Why didn't I think of that?

I don't understand why manufactures don't include this simple feature. Most sets have sleep timers (30,60, or 90 minute settings) but it's rare to find a modern set that can be set to come on with the morning news at 6am. My old Sony CRT had settings for timed on and off so I didn't even have to worry about setting a sleep timer. They did it back then, why can't they do it now?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts