AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace my 32" tube with a 37" LCD or Plasma.

Why 37"? Well it is the biggest size that will fit in my TV cabinet. I have a 38" length to work with and from what I've seen most of the 37"ers are under that. Well the ones with the built in side speakers are not, so those are out of consideration.

This TV will be in a family room off the kitchen and it should have a good view from a side angle too.

Any recommendations??

The only plasma I see is the Panasonic 37PX60U. As for LCDs there are plenty to choose from. I would like at least 2 HDMI inputs (Directv, and DVD player).

Thanks for any help.

Ed

·
Registered
34 Posts
With the off angle viewing I would go with the plasma. Since Panasonic is the only one that makes that size that is your only choice. It has 2 HDMI inputs but does not have as many features as some other sets. The PQ is great on this set though.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. That is the set I was leaning towards. Does anybody know if Panasonic is coming out with new Plasmas soon to replace this model (37PX60)? Reason for asking is I'm hoping they do a black enclosure and add a few more features.

Ed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.