AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to buy a 5.1 system to pair with the Energy Take Classic, I've done some research and it seems that the Energy Take Classic 5.1 would be the best for the money. My budget is something around ~600 but it seems the only thing I could buy would be HITB DHT-591BA or YHT-693BL. But I'm okay spending a little bit more to build a better system, like ~800 at the most.

So to pair with the Energy Take Classic 5.1 the options would be AVR-591 ~350, I'm not sure if this is the best for me since I'm looking for something I could upgrade in the future to 7.1, I won't be using 3D right now but would be good to have available for future.

So my question is what would be a good receiver to put together with those speakers, ideally a 7.1 system with 3D support? One more thing I would be using for PS3 games and movies from HTPC all through HDMI.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Unfortunately, as the 3D models are all pretty new, the amazing discounts you get on old models are not really available.

I guess just look around for bargains. New egg has some good deals some time. I think you can sign up for something where they email them to you.

There are plenty of threads on budget receivers to look at.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking around today and doing some research about the Polk RM510, Take Classic 5.1, I've found the Klipsch HD 300 and which seems a good deal on Denon AVR1611+Klipsch HDT-300 for $648 on Amazon.

Is this a good deal for a 7.1+3D receiver + 5.1 speakers? Would I be sad having those speakers instead of the Polk or Energy (which was the one I was thinking initially)?

This sees to be a better deal than just buying the DHT-591BA for just 50 bucks more...

one more question, would that be good for a future upgrade to 7.1 system adding the missing speakers?

·
Registered
9,938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfa81 /forum/post/19636557

Is this a good deal for a 7.1+3D receiver + 5.1 speakers? Would I be sad having those speakers instead of the Polk or Energy (which was the one I was thinking initially)?

Depends on what you define as "sad."
The smaller sub on the Klipsch makes me hesitant. The speakers all seem comparable, although given they're made by different companies, they probably each have their own distinctive sound.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts