AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

This is my current situation. I have a computer system that has klipsh 5.1 surround sound but now the amp died and i want to upgrade a surround sound system to a amp/receiver 5.1 So now i want a real amp and nice 5.1 piece surround sound.

The thing is, I use my monitor as a tv and I won't buyt a large tv prob for like 3 years so I just want a great amp without all the video imputs like hdmi, but all the audio inputs for my computer sounds card and ipod and stuff. Plus i figure I can save a lot because I don't need all the video component stuff. I figure around 500-700 for a amp that does awesome audio.

You guys have any ideas on a powerful amp that will run a pretty good 5.1 surround sound system?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Even Stereo Receivers have video inputs now. The only thing that wouldn't have video connections are Amps but they only have one audio in/out connection.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Yeah, I think you're going to have a hard time finding a quality receiver without video inputs, even to save money. I think I remember an RCA HTIB that had audio only, but I wouldn't call it the best, either.

But you don't have to use them. I don't route ANY video through my receiver.

·
Registered
117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulpa /forum/post/12898368

Yeah, I think you're going to have a hard time finding a quality receiver without video inputs, even to save money. I think I remember an RCA HTIB that had audio only, but I wouldn't call it the best, either.

But you don't have to use them. I don't route ANY video through my receiver.

Grabbed

three RCAs (refurb) at Micro Center yesterday. Two DOA and one that would not remember coaxial not analogue for audio upon power cycle. All went back this morning...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts