AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Fuji P50(40), which I'm thrilled with. HD looks awesome on this set. I've had worse results watching DVD's, however. I purchased a Sony 775, and the picture quality is a shade above horrible (fuzzy, not especially bright or colorful). I've read reviews from people with this same plasma rave about DVD performance ("near-HD"), so it's either my settings or the player.

I'm connecting through component, and I've tried both the interlaced and progressive modes (interlaced is better). In addition, I ran through a calibration disc, but it only helped a little bit.

So, I'd like to hear what recommendations people have for another player. Maybe one with HDMI output? I've read some good things about the Panasonic S77...... Or, maybe someone has a few tips for proper setup that I've missed.

Appreciate it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
from what I've read on the plasmas forum; running 480i from dvd player and haveing the fujitsu avmII do the conversions results in the best picture,I believe pio 59 player passes 480i through hdmi, not sure what other players do, should do a search on the plasma forum, there were some posts on the subject. cheers Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.